Director of Communications – Racial Justice, Advocacy
What You Will Be Doing
– Serve as chief content manager and final editor on CRC materials, newsletter, and website.
– Manage news media inquiries about our work and initiate outreach to news media.
– Establish and cultivate strategic media and advocacy partnerships to advance the work.
– Coordinate with litigation partners, amici, and community groups that assist our efforts.
– Contribute to and lead production and distribution strategies for research reports, fact sheets, brochures, and public education materials.
– Motivate and nurture a high-performing team, with attention to equity in all aspects of day-to-day work as well as in relationships with consultants, vendors, and partners.
What You Need for this Position
7+ years of experience with:
– Public relations, journalism, or communications.
– Advocacy, Racial Justice, and/or Community Organizations.
– Creating communications campaigns.
– Strong knowledge of the American criminal legal system.
– Working with low income/diverse communities.
What’s In It for You
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Job posted: 2020-09-15