Director of Communications – Social Responsibility
McKinsey & Co.
Remote (NJ)/New York City, NY/Washington, DC
- University degree, advanced degree preferred
- 15+ years of experience in strategic communications; social responsibility/social impact experience within communications preferred
- Experience working within corporation, communications agency or professional services preferred
- Experienced people leader with experience of managing a broad range of contributors including agencies, writers, designers and videographers
- Ability to think creatively about new ways of communicating our social responsibility internally and externally
- Passionate about social responsibility and excited about the opportunity to advance the firm’s capabilities to act responsibly, give back to communities and embed social responsibility into core client work
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to build relationships and navigate a decentralized institution
WHO YOU’LL WORK WITH
You will be based in our New Jersey or New York office as part of the Global Social Responsibility (GSR) team. This is a global team that shapes and supports the firm’s overall approach to social responsibility.
Sitting as part of the firm communications function, the GSR team focuses on operating our firm in ways that are socially responsible and environmentally sustainable, supporting local communities through location pro bono, charitable giving, volunteering and board service, embedding social responsibility intentionally in our core client work to create holistic impact for all stakeholders.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
You will lead a high performing team of communication colleagues and contractors to amplify our work and impact across the firm as well as externally.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for the overall communications strategy and execution. You will work hand-in-hand with the firm’s communications leaders as well as the director of social responsibility, and other senior leaders across the firm. You’ll lead innovative and effective global external communications activity to build our firm’s reputation including storytelling, thought leadership, media, awards and events (e.g. Davos).
Your responsibilities will include shaping a strategic communications vision and translating it into a compelling narrative for each pillar of GSR. You’ll identify key opportunities to amplify GSR internally and externally, combining creativity with an ability to implement in a high-quality manner, making use of data to measure performance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-12