Director, Communications & Storytelling
We are seeking an innovative, driven communications professional who is passionate about storytelling and
content strategy to help our association reinvent its strategic communications. A successful candidate has a
track record of growing and engaging communities, both digitally and in real life. Do you enjoy leveraging
thought leaders to tell stories? We want your skills to showcase and elevate the evolving and critical role
chambers of commerce play as catalytic community leaders.
This position works cross-functionally across the organization and will revamp our communications from the
ground up. We seek candidates excited by both crafting strategy and rolling up your sleeves to deliver innovative
communications that move the needle.
• Craft a modern, member-centric marcomms strategy in conjunction with senior management and
cross-functional peers. Your efforts will help grow our audience, increase member engagement and
elevate the brand of both ACCE and chambers of commerce. The plan will focus on chamber stories,
best-in-class case studies, innovations, and content that delivers ROI for chambers and prospective
partners. This strategy will apply to all aspects of ACCE’s work and will touch every department in our
• Lead the marcomms strategy implementation across the organization which includes content strategy,
social media engagement, email marketing, interactive and video content, online member engagement
forums, membership and fundraising collateral, presentations and other marcomms products for ACCE
and its affiliated organizations.
• Create high-quality, original thought leadership content for all of ACCE’s communications channels
including our website, social media platforms, digital magazine, email newsletters and other customized
communications. Interview chamber professionals and subject matter experts to highlight best practices
and industry trends. Seek the latest relevant research in topics shaping business, the economy and
communities around the world. Support the team’s efforts to innovate in the areas of creative
storytelling and interactive online learning opportunities.
• Enhance the association’s social media presence by developing and executing a social media strategy
that raises awareness and builds engagement around ACCE’s strategic goals, programs and thought
• Leverage data analytics and other metrics to measure success by analyzing web traffic, email statistics
and other relevant community data. Use these measures to assess and report on the effectiveness of
association communications and improve future strategies and tactics.
• Exceptional communications project management to ensure deadlines are met and all marketing and
communications materials are aligned with the association’s strategic vision, editorial calendar and
• Collaborate with other departments and association members to stay abreast on the latest chamber
industry news, trends, research and member priorities.
• Provide creative and design oversight for advertisements and marketing materials to promote the
association, its programs and affiliates.
• Monitor content and seek innovative best practices in economic and community development;
diversity, equity, and inclusion; leadership; organizational management; workforce and talent
development; community advancement; public policy engagement and economic inclusion.
Qualifications and Abilities
• Excellent writing skills with a demonstrated proficiency in grammar, proofreading, and AP Style
• Passion for supporting community impact
• Curiosity about how regional economies work and how business-civic entities are organized
• Strong knowledge of and passion for current trends in digital and social media marketing and
• Collaborative work and management styles
• Outstanding eye for modern design
• Verbal communication skills — comfortable speaking to senior-level executives
• Can-do work ethic, excellent time management and problem-solving skills, with a hands-on approach
and team-oriented attitude
• Thrives in a fast-paced environment
• Impeccable customer service skills and temperament; calm under pressure
• Ability to read, comprehend and synthesize written materials, especially related to organizational
management, economic trends and public policy
• Self-motivated and able to work independently to prioritize competing tasks, accomplish objectives, and
• Experience with leveraging data analytics to improve marketing and engagement outcomes
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Proficiency with website CMS and email marketing service providers
• Knowledge of and experience in Adobe Creative Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit. The employee is occasionally
required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include near vision, mid-range vision, depth perception, color vision, and ability to
change focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to operate a computer
including performing actions with repetitive motions. Approximately 80% of time is spent looking at a computer.
Some travel is required.
ACCE is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color,
gender, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, sexual identity, disability or veteran status.
ACCE boasts competitive salaries and a host of excellent benefits which include medical, dental, 401k, life and
disability insurance, ample vacation and sick leave, standard holidays, professional development and
opportunities for a flexible work schedule which may include remote and teleworking. Opportunities for vertical
mobility and advancement abound.
About the Organization
Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives (ACCE) is the professional society supporting the women and
men who lead local, regional, statewide and international chambers of commerce and related business and
economic development organizations. Our membership includes more than 1,600 business/civic organizations
worldwide. We provide our members with information resources, thought leadership, education programs,
original research, benchmarking, retirement security, and access to a network of peers. More information at:
Commitment to Inclusion: ACCE seeks to increase diversity and inclusion throughout the chamber
movement. The board of directors adopted this commitment statement: For the betterment of the
association, chamber leaders and the communities they serve, ACCE will champion access and equity of
opportunity through intentional inclusion of all.
If you are creative, excellent at time management, detail oriented and love a fast-paced position where your
work makes a difference, we want to hear from you. Send your resume, salary requirements and cover letter to
Job posted: 2021-03-15