Director of Communications and Support
Northwest Regional Primary Care Association is a membership association of community and migrant health centers (CHCs) in Alaska, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington. NWRPCA’s mission is to strengthen community and migrant health centers in the Northwest by leveraging regional power and resources on their behalf. With the support of NWRPCA, our community health centers will be exemplary professional homes for their staffs and serve their communities well.
The Director of Communications and Support serves as a member of the management team and will oversee the strategic implementation of Membership, Marketing, Development and Support activities. The position will work with the COO to establish long-range goals, objectives and strategies in these areas. Responsible for growing the outreach of the Association to ensure that NWRPCA is communicating consistently and effectively internally with our branding and communication and externally with Northwest Community Health Centers and their communities while also engaging new target audiences outlined in the strategic plans.
The Director will be responsible for developing and executing an integrated and comprehensive communications and development plan. They will supervise the department leads that oversee their own departments and use a team-based approach to bring value as a supervisor to each of the departments. The Director of Communications and Support directly supervises member services, marketing, development, and support programs, and reports to the Chief Operating Officer. This position will have budgetary responsibility over activities related to the communication plan and strategy.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Problem-solving, analyzing work processes and outcomes, demonstrating creativity and innovation.
- Possess strong leadership skills in mentoring, team building, and performance management.
- Ability to understand and communicate the complex and nuanced issues present in community health care centers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enhance NWRPCA’s reputation and brand by building a sustainable communications infrastructure and platform that supports growing effective relationships with a variety of audiences and stakeholders.
- Oversee NWRPCA’s engagement strategy. Ensure that NWRPCA’s communications products comply with regulatory policies, are of high professional quality, cohere across departments and events, and effectively represent NWRPCA in a variety of venues including revenue development.
- Direct the development of a strategic communications plan that advances NWRPCA’s mission and reputation as a premier association across key stakeholders in the community, region, and nation.
- Provide internal communications strategy for overall approach to internal streamlined communication.
- Supervise Membership, Marketing, Development, and Program Support departments. Oversee quality of work produced. Provide on-going mentoring and feedback to team members. Conduct performance reviews.
- Oversee NWRPCA’s membership strategy, in partnership with Member Services Specialist, outlining goals and strategy for membership growth, recruitment, retention and engagement.
- Oversee NWRPCA’s marketing strategy, in partnership with Marketing Specialist, to develop and implement organizational marketing plan.
- Oversee NWRPCA’s development strategy, in partnership with Development Specialist, outlining income, sources, goals, and strategy for revenue development needs.
- Direct and guide Support Team to provide effective, efficient, timely and service-oriented support that consistently meets staff and stakeholder needs.
- Manage organizational HRSA grant to expected standards of deliverable completion.
- Monitor the changing healthcare environment and consult with Development and Communication staff on key issues affecting Association members.
1. Bachelor’s degree in business, non-profit management, communication, marketing, or related field or equivalent experience
2. Minimum of 3 years of leadership and supervisory experience.
3. Demonstrated experience managing multiple departments, multiple priorities and a portfolio of projects.
4. Minimum seven years of relevant experience successfully working in the field of, communications, marketing, public relations, development or related field.
5. Ability to manage a budget and develop proposals for resources linked to outcomes.
6. Ability to provide strategic planning and executive communications consultation.
7. Work effectively with a wide range of audiences and stakeholders
8. Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
9. Excellent organizational skills with the demonstrated ability to effectively plan, coordinate, prioritize, take direction, and execute multiple projects meeting established deadlines with little direct supervision
10. Demonstrated ability to adapt to the demands of a changing and challenging professional environment; balance competing interests and a complex portfolio effectively; and balance multiple projects under time and resource pressure.
11. Demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace.
12. Requires an attitude of growth and learning, a love of organization and communication, and a passion for supporting the work of NWRPCA.
1. Experience in a community health, non-profit, professional association and/or health care organization that demonstrates familiarity with related regulations and member needs.
2. MBA or other applicable Master’s degree or equivalent experience
1. Most time spent sitting, with up to one-third (1/3) of time walking or standing. There are no restrictions on ability to interrupt periods of sitting.
2. Manual dexterity required for typing, filing, etc.
3. Physical ability to stoop, kneel, bend, use a computer and perform light lifting.
4. Vision requirements as appropriate for working on computer and with typed and handwritten materials.
5. Ability to travel to meetings in a variety of locations statewide; e.g., CHCs, conferences, etc., out-of- state and some national meetings.
How to Apply
Job posted: 2021-03-23