Director, Communications – Total Rewards
What you’ll do…
The Director on the Total Rewards Communications team is an action-oriented, results-driven communicator adept at executing cross-enterprise communications. The ideal candidate approaches communications with an associate-centric perspective and enjoys finding innovative ways to make complex, technical information simple, crisp and compelling. This is a position that has you thinking on your feet every day, pivoting and multi-tasking fluidly. You’ll be working with multiple partners across the business to develop and deliver well-timed, relevant and effective communications that inform, empower and move to action various internal and external audiences. The ability to jump in with an executive presence and thought leadership is key.
Bring your ability to see projects end to end and envision the full picture. Engage your analytical mind to find creative solutions to real issues. And ignite your communication skills to work collaboratively and sell big ideas.
You’ll make an impact by:
- Leading a thoughtful internal communications channel strategy including driving consistency across communications and channels, identifying communications opportunities, threats, and best practices; and evaluating and reporting the effectiveness of communications efforts.
- Leading internal and external communications, including internal memos, speech writing, content development, social media content, etc. by collaborating with cross-functional teams on communication needs; presenting views and opinions of Corporate Communications; and collaborating with leaders and team members to deliver strategic plans and coordinated materials while balancing changing and competing priorities.
- Providing overall direction by analyzing business objectives and customer needs.
- Providing sound counsel to our business partners and internal clients that supports overall enterprise strategy, Global Communications objectives and Global People Communications goals.
- Creating communications that drive associate awareness, engagement and utilization of benefits programs; drive associate awareness and understanding of pay, benefits and opportunity available to them.
- Leveraging technology to implement innovative ways to reach associates with relevant messages.
- Implementing appropriate metrics to track and measure progress towards strategic communications goals; focusing on continuous process improvement.
- Engaging key stakeholders in the development, execution, and evaluation of appropriate business plans and initiatives; and supporting associate efforts in these areas.
- Assisting in development of data-driven 360 communications plans that advance reputational goals simultaneously with multiple internal and external audiences; understanding social trends and being externally opportunistic and continuously playing reputational offense.
- Identifying positive stories and storytellers; empowering associates to tell their story with sound counsel and communications support; preparing executives to tell the Walmart story powerfully and persuasively with compelling messages, supporting research and data.
- Serving as a company spokesperson to ensure complex and sensitive statements and key messages are provided to the media by implementing message frameworks; evaluating public opinion research; writing, editing, and approving communications materials; coordinating approval process with internal clients, Corporate Communications management, and Legal; ensuring key external audiences understand Walmart’s culture and values; driving consistency in messaging; developing, maintaining, and leveraging relationships with national, local, and online journalists and bloggers for proactive and reactive media stories; and mitigating and elevating potential media opportunities.
- Cultivating an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics and supporting the Open Door Policy.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.
You’ll sweep us off our feet if:
- You’re a storyteller, creative thinker and a visionary.
- You are digitally-minded, action-oriented and curious.
- You’re organized, disciplined, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- You’re a master at making complex subjects easily understood through words and visuals.
Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer – By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions – while being inclusive of all people.
Who We Are
The Walmart Global Communications team is focused on both traditional and new ways to reach audiences internally and externally and shape the reputation of the brand. Team members work cross-functionally with every aspect of Walmart business, connecting with associates across the globe. The work goes beyond retail. Our team has the ability to influence and impact communities across the U.S. in areas ranging from heathcare to sustainability to inclusion and diversity. We are a nimble group that comes from a vast background, yet are guided by the same north star: to work quickly, cost effectively and with vast foresight. Together, we innovate and are a force for positive change.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Business, or related field and 5 years’ experience in communications, journalism, business, or related area OR 7 years’ experience in communications, journalism, business, or related area. 1 year’s supervisory experience.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-17