Director of Community Engagement
The Director of Community Engagement is responsible for assisting GHS leadership in identifying and effectively engaging diverse audiences across the state, working with GHS staff to develop and implement targeted programming and initiatives, and evaluating the impact of GHS programs and initiatives in the community. This position will prioritize initiatives that focus on expanding engagement with previously underserved audiences as well as Georgia’s business community. Programs will include educational and collecting initiatives, with an initial focus on a new, priority initiative with statewide reach.
- Develop and implement plans to engage community businesses, non-profit organizations, civic and community groups, and local governments in support of GHS goals.
· Develop and strengthen strong relationships with external partners to enhance GHS programs and collecting initiatives.
· Work with GHS staff on the development and delivery of presentations and training modules aimed to increase community engagement with GHS resources.
· Develop and manage the implementation of program evaluation tools to analyze and interpret data to improve or strengthen community engagement programs and initiatives.
· Assist in development of grant applications, maintain grant documents, and support implementation, compliance, and reporting of funded programs.
· Represent the organization in diverse settings and with a variety of audiences including local, statewide, and national media as well as donors, board members, and the general public.
· Research current studies on community engagement and identify best practices for implementation.
· Supervise, monitor and appraise assigned personnel.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities:
· Experience facilitating trainings, ideally developing both high-level and student-friendly presentations.
· Experience in project leadership and in the development, implementation, and monitoring of community engagement programs/initiatives. Experience with committee work preferred.
· Skills in building partnerships with businesses, non-profit organizations, community groups, and other external partners.
· Excellent organizational skills with strong customer-service orientation.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills required.
· Presentation skills with experience in developing presentations using a variety of software programs preferred.
· Experience with public relations, including planning and implementation of feedback groups.
· Experience with committee facilitation a plus.
Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited university in a related field, such as History, Public Affairs, Humanities, Archival or Museum Studies, Sociology, or Non-Profit Management.
Required experience: Minimum of six years in community engagement, public affairs, development of educational and/or collection-focused programming, or related experience.
Please send cover letter including resume to:
Director of Community Engagement
Georgia Historical Society
104 West Gaston Street
Savannah, GA 31401
No phone calls please
At the Georgia Historical Society diversity and inclusion is an integral part of our history, culture, and identity. We are committed to equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability or other protected status. We are committed to creating a workforce that is reflective of the larger community. All are encouraged to apply.
Job posted: 2021-04-06