Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Community Public Relations
We are seeking a(an) Director of Community Public Relations with North Texas Division Office to promote growth and unlock possibilities. At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Share your leadership skills and come make a difference with us!
THIS POSITION WILL BE ONSITE AT MEDICAL CITY MCKINNEY, MCKINNEY, TEXAS
North Texas Division Office, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) Director of Community Public Relations for our team to be an innovator. HCA Healthcare partners with Harvard Pilgrim Institute and the CDC to use our data from more than 26 million patient encounters each year to impact the industry. Come build your career with us!
Job Summary and Qualifications
You will direct public relations and community relations activities for Medical City McKinney including media relations, community relations, sponsorships, events, publications, and content generation. You will develop proactive PR and community relations strategy to ensure alignment with corporate and department goals. You will work collaboratively with strategic communications team to prepare and disseminate information and content regarding (hospital name) through various content channels to help maintain a favorable public image for the organization and its representatives. You will maintain positive relationships with internal constituents and external media and community to facilitate communication. You will provide support for corporate communications activities and events.
- Proactively interacts often with media representative including print, broadcast, and digital, to obtain placement of hospital-related news stories. Responds in a timely manner to media requests regarding patient information and other inquiries. Adheres to patient privacy protocols. Serves as an on-call public information representative. Works individually and with PR colleagues and outside sources to build, promote, and maintain media contacts and distribution list(s).
- Stays abreast of hospital news, trends, services, and objectives through building and maintaining relationships with various “clients” (clinical and operational leaders from throughout the hospital), physicians, physician liaisons, and others who serve as resources for information, which can be directed as appropriate to external or internal (employee) audiences.
- Serve as Medical City Healthcare’s community liaison for health related information, speakers, marketing activity and event planning. Creates and finds meaningful health care related community activities in the hospital’s defined service area that complement the organization’s goals. Develops and coordinates events and programs in coordination with Division and hospital goals.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, or related field required.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience. Health care experience preferred.
- Accredited in Public Relations (APR) desired.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Medical City Healthcare strives to deliver excellence. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life. We provide the highest quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve. Medical City Healthcare is one of the North Texas region’s largest and most comprehensive healthcare providers. We have 16 hospitals, 5,000 physicians and more than 17,000 employees in Dallas-Fort Worth. Medical City Healthcare is the only healthcare system in North Texas with an adult and children’s hospital on the same campus. We are a part of HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare includes 185 hospitals in the United States and England. Medical City Healthcare has six hospitals that are Magnet® recognized by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Recognition Program®. We have been recognized by Texas Monthly as a Best Companies to Work for in Texas. HCA Healthcare has been named to LinkedIn’s 2021 Top Companies list of 50 best workplaces to grow your career.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-10-30