Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Community Relations
Want a meaningful career where you can make a difference? Edward Jones sounds perfect for you.
Collaboration. Autonomy. Opportunity. Words our headquarters associates use when talking about working at Edward Jones. Words that describe what it’s like being part of a firm where everyone is aligned toward a singular focus: serving the client. And everyone is working to make the firm better together – as they grow as individuals. If these words resonate with you, we should talk.
As a Corporate Citizen and Community Partner, our Purpose, Passion and culture of caring, mean we seek to make a difference in people’s lives as we help clients accomplish their goals, champion our colleagues’ unique contributions, and strengthen communities. Edward Jones is committed to helping people and places thrive, partnering with organizations to improve the well-being of communities and their citizens.
Through these commitments, we are seeking an individual to champion and lead in our Community Relations through high impact, community partnerships and programming.
Director of Community Relations
The Director of Community Relations leads, partners with and stewards all aspects of the firm’s St. Louis community commitments, including partnering with and coordinating the internal capabilities necessary to drive collective impact across multiple stakeholders for sustainable, inclusive well-being in the St. Louis region. The role will collaborate and work with multiple stakeholders to prioritize, design, develop, implement, and steward strategic partnerships and alliances with nonprofits, civic organizations, and other community partners that align with the firm’s purpose and its community commitments and delivers critical business and community outcomes.
- Represent the firm and the Managing Partners Office in the St. Louis community, building, nurturing and stewarding trusted relationships with the St. Louis nonprofit, business, civic, and other community organizations, creating critical business outcomes and positive community outcomes.
- Partner with and grow positive collective impact with a focus on St. Louis community partnerships, including the St. Louis Anchor Action Network, and lead and partner with internal teams to deliver insights, leadership, programs, and results that create shared value.
- Build and leverage networks and working relationships with team members, enterprise capabilities, and St. Louis community stakeholders to identify, develop, and connect highest value initiatives and prioritize the most critical areas of focus, progress work that supports our purpose and drives business and community outcomes, including amplifying partnerships, engaging associates, and growing positive impact in the St. Louis community.
- Work in partnership across enterprise to identify associate engagement opportunities, making strategic decisions to ensure investment of associate time and talents result in overall greater impact aligned to the firm’s purpose.
- Actively seek and work with others to extend and grow influence in community beyond St. Louis.
- Contribute to and influence the development and execution of national community commitment partnership building strategies.
- Communication skills, influencing skills, and building networks and partnerships are critical given the wide breadth of responsibilities to connecting with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must be flexible and able to operate in a dynamic environment.
Hiring Minimum: $105,753
Hiring Maximum: $180,067
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, related field or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years of experience with private sector or non-profit community affairs, public relations or related experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and established network of community relationships and familiarity with community social and economic developments, emerging issues, and community leaders in the St. Louis region.
- Demonstrated ability to establish trust, build consensus, and work inclusively and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong judgment, critical thinking skills, influence, leadership and integrity
- Strategic thinker with experience formulating innovative solutions to complex problem
- Excellent prioritization skills and ability to determine when and how to escalate issues required.
- Demonstrated empathy skills
- Public speaking experience valued.
- Outstanding organizational and program management skills; able to manage competing priorities
- Must be flexible and work within a dynamic environment.
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team’s ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Job posted: 2021-12-23