Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Congressional Affairs
Job Description Summary:
SOLV Energy is an engineering, procurement, construction (EPC) and solar services provider for utility solar, high voltage substation and energy storage markets across North America. We are committed to bringing passion and customer focus to our business. If you’re interested in a meaningful career with a brighter future, join the SOLV Energy Team.
The Director of Congressional Affairs will represent SOLV Energy regarding energy and tax policy matters of importance to SOLV Energy and the solar industry before Congress. Must be based in the Washington, DC area.
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
- Supports related outreach to federal agencies, in collaboration with the Vice President of Government Affairs and Director of State and Regulatory Affairs.
- Coordinates with internal stakeholders and external coalition and industry partners in multiple venues to advance SOLV Energy’s policy objectives on Capitol Hill.
- Supports SOLV Energy’s efforts to monitor issues, advance appropriate policy, and develop and communicate best practices on key issues.
- Develops and maintains relationships with relevant Congressional staff and others involved in the policymaking process.
- Collaborates with SOLV Energy’s Communications team, Government Affairs team, and other internal stakeholder teams to formulate talking points and incorporate communications strategy into SOLV Energy’s advocacy initiatives.
- Produces written materials (memos, fact sheets, talking points) in support of SOLV Energy’s advocacy and regulatory efforts.
- Represents SOLV Energy’s position and priorities to trade associations and industry partners through participation in committees and working group activities, and manages related issues.
- Attends meetings and briefings on behalf of SOLV Energy, providing summaries and analyses of proceedings and alerting VP and team members of important issues and deadlines.
- Provides support for conferences and tradeshows where SOLV Energy is a participant through panel participation and on-site staffing of the conferences.
Minimum Skills or Experience Requirements:
- A bachelor’s and preferably an advanced degree in political science, law, or other public policy discipline
- 7-10 years of public policy or legislative advocacy experience, including at least 3 years on Capitol Hill
- Particular knowledge and experience working in a bipartisan manner on tax and energy policy issues
- Experience working with congressional and tax committee leadership offices, a plus
- An open-minded and creative approach to lobbying Congress, with proven skills at gathering legislative information and developing and executing strategic advocacy plans
- The ability to work directly with our industry and trade association partners, with excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience working for and with trade associations
- The ability to work effectively in a collaborative, team environment
- A strong work ethic and cheerful customer-service attitude in order to thrive in our fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Computer literacy skills (Microsoft Office tools including Word, Excel and Outlook)
*This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that
may be assigned
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-07-10