Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director Content Marketing
Director of Content Marketing
We’re looking for a Director of Content Marketing to own the vision, strategy, and execution of Constant Contact’s content program.
In this leadership role, you’ll identify ways to drive business value including awareness, acquisition, and retention as you lead and coach a high-performing team of content specialists.
We’ll look to you to set the editorial vision for what our content story will be and how to best convey the Constant Contact story to key audiences.You’ll own the prioritization, budgeting, and resourcing that serves a small business audience and our business needs.
You’ll partner with department leads including SEO, product marketing, acquisition marketing, sales, customer success, and channel enablement — to create and implement a cohesive and effective content strategy that broadens the role of content within the business.
What you’ll do:
- Determine an editorial strategy and vision to best communicate key messages aligned to audience needs and their place in their consumer journey
- Set the strategic direction, prioritization, execution, and performance goals that will guide the team to successful work
- Partner with subject matter experts across the organization to develop unique, relevant, and valuable content
- Act as a champion for content marketing internally, proactively looking for opportunities to integrate content throughout key efforts for marketing and the organization at large
- Work with the team to build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar (including blog posts, white papers, support for podcasts and webinars, infographics, newsletters, etc.) that attracts a qualified small business audience
- Grow the customer base by converting site traffic through best practice calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content
- Collaborate with SEO team to implement best practices and identify new opportunities
- Lead the team in creating and optimizing content for our lead nurture programs
- Establish and monitor analytics to demonstrate the value that content marketing brings to the business, how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers
Who you are:
- 7-10 years experience in marketing specializing in editorial development and strategic content marketing
- Passion for building successful content programs that increase brand awareness, drive growth, and provide value to an audience
- Strategic mindset and an ability to use data to inform decisions
- The ability to work both independently and cross-functionally, taking on a leadership role
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders’ inputs and make executive decisions that put the effectiveness of content first and foremost
- Track record of proactive problem solving and team building
- Strong communication skills and ability to be the internal and external voice of the brand
- Desire to be a player-coach and get in the weeds of ideation and content creation when necessary
- Ability to lead, manage, and delegate multiple projects, and adapt to shifting priorities
- Data-driven, results-oriented, team player mindset
- Superb professional communication and interpersonal skills
- Sharp editorial eye and storytelling capabilities; journalism background a plus
- SaaS experience a plus
Why You’ll Love Us:
- We celebrate one another’s differences. We are proud of our culture of diversity and inclusion, and we’re always working hard to strengthen and improve this culture. We have programs in place that bring us together on important issues and provide educational opportunities for all employees.
- Join the experts. If you’re passionate about supporting businesses of all sizes, you won’t find a better spot to share your talent. We’re dedicated to improving the quality of our product from a customer standpoint, and have a true desire to enable the success of businesses, non-profit organizations and community groups.
- You’ll have opportunities to grow your career. We encourage and support our team members to learn different aspects of the business, take on stretch assignments and seek coaching opportunities.
- We’ve got you covered. We are a family! From excellent medical to life insurance, education sponsorships to interest-free loans, Flexi-leave to casual dress code – we’ve got your back!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-01-11