Intuit is seeking a strategic leader to lead the Corporate Affairs efforts relating to Cybersecurity, Privacy, Data & Technology Policy. Candidates should have deep cybersecurity expertise and be able to manage high energy and fast paced interactions with internal and external stakeholders globally. Successful candidates should be able to develop and execute holistic policy issue plans to achieve desired strategic objectives. Candidates will also be responsible for monitoring and determining relevant public policy trends. Build strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders:
- Provide partnership and thought leadership with internal technology, security, data and privacy teams to drive shared vision on public policy objectives for the company.
- Partner with BU/FG personnel to ensure understanding of relevant laws and regulations pertaining to cybersecurity, data and privacy within the countries where we operate.
- Partner with internal and external stakeholders on cybersecurity, privacy, data and related initiatives within the IRS Security Summit Process.
- Build and manage strategic relationships with government officials and 3rd party organizations; providing education and thought leadership externally to help shape strategic policy outcomes of importance to Intuit and its customers.
- Shape outcomes in support of Intuit’s strategic global business needs through management and delivery of a multi-disciplinary public policy campaign on policy issues.
- Leverage Intuit Public Policy Issue Management model to collaboratively develop and drive our cybersecurity, privacy, data and technology policy positions, strategies and tactics to achieve critical public policy objectives.
- Apply critical thinking and collaboration skills to the operational needs of the business and with colleagues and management, developing and executing strategies for the resolution of issues as they arise.
- Work collaboratively with Corporate Affairs colleagues and management on public policy issues that span multiple business areas to ensure continuity and best outcomes for Intuit, for the development of objectives, strategies and plans for advancement of company interests.
- Key driver in the development of relevant public policy positions and strategies in partnership with colleagues within Corporate Affairs and with the Chief Technology Officer, Legal, Global Business Units, Chief Privacy Officer, Corporate Communications and relevant Business Unit/Functional Group colleagues.
- Advance thought leadership position directly or with third parties on cybersecurity, privacy, data and technology policy issues – including but not limited to privacy shield, GDPR, and cybersecurity efforts to combat tax time fraud.
- Work closely with CTO, CISO, Chief Privacy Officer, and Security officers within the Business Units to ensure compliance with laws and regulations impacting Intuit’s customers and businesses vis a vis cybersecurity, data and privacy.
- Leverage external consultants, creating and maintaining multi-faceted external affairs and public policy plans for specific issues, keeping the plan refreshed, current, forward looking and aligned to Intuit’s emerging business needs and interests.
- Close monitoring of, research into, and understanding of, relevant public policy, political and 3rd party developments on these policy areas, anticipating emerging trends and policy evolution across multiple relevant jurisdictions, including but not limited to North American and the EU.
- Participate in trade association meetings and manage industry group activity on priority issues; build networks of relevant contacts in third-party organizations to execute issue management priorities.
- Track and assess legislation and regulations proposed by government bodies, developing written analyses and impact assessments of legislative and regulatory initiatives, and help develop appropriate strategic and tactical responses. Coordinate and collaborate with Intuit’s Federal, State and Global Government Relation’s teams.
- Develop deep understanding of Intuit global business strategies, priorities and challenges.
- Provide regular coordination, timely information sharing and communication with Corporate Affairs management, and with Business Unit, Functional Group and other corporate leadership as appropriate.
- Represent Intuit with relevant domestic and global government policy makers as needed.
- Internalize and rigorously apply Intuit’s operating value system in all work, the Intuit Code of Conduct, and Intuit Political Accountability Policy, as well as strict adherence to and compliance with regulatory requirements of relevant Governments, including but not limited to US and non-US government ethics regulations, the U.S. Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, and other applicable integrity and lobbying statutes and regulations in the U.S. and other relevant jurisdictions.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in regulatory/legislative/political/policy experience in dealing with the Government officials in the United States, specifically pertaining to cybersecurity, privacy, data and technology policy issues
- Significant career experience with key participants within the cybersecurity and intelligence communities.
- Work with European Union, United Kingdom and other Global policy makers on Cybersecurity, Privacy Shield, GDPR, and technology policy a significant plus.
- Significant experience in project management and coordination of multiple stakeholders across multiple time zones to drive for goal achievement.
- Significant experience in government affairs and public policy, including industry affairs and coalition building.
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing conflicting demands from multiple entities and quickly adapting strategy in an extremely fast paced environment.
- Strong demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills, including public policy and political analysis, as well as strong written and verbal communications.
- Demonstrated capability to organize and lead a multi-faceted external affairs strategy that integrates a range of tactical initiatives, relationships and assets for the achievement of key public affairs, political and public policy objectives.
- Proven leadership, collaborative and team-building skills with ability to develop strategy and work effectively with others to achieve successful outcomes.
- Ability to operate effectively in multi-cultural business environment and to communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work well both independently and in a team environment.
- Integrity: Demonstrated career professional adherence to the highest ethical, moral, and personal values and standards in decisions, communications, actions, regulatory adherence, and professional dealings with others.
- Educational background should include a Bachelors or more advanced degree; Juris Doctor degree and Government experience is desirable.
- Multi-lingual preferred (English, Spanish or French preferred)
Job Posted: April 14, 2017