Director of Corporate Communications
Don’t just live life….love life!
Who wants to go to a boring job? At Lifespace, we get paid to create memories for our residents!
We are not limited by our job title. We are one team united by our passion for service with a dash of fun. No matter the stage in your career, this is your opportunity to be empowered to create your own lasting impression.
Lifespace Communities would like to introduce the opportunity to become a Director of Corporate Communication at our Addison, Texas office.
Reporting to the chief revenue and communications officer, the director of corporate communications will lead aspects of the company’s strategy, approach and execution of internal and external communications. This leader will be responsible for developing and shaping the voice of communications of the company’s leadership to all constituencies, proactively lead public relations efforts with third party firms and deliver relevant and timely communications to our residents.
A few other details about the role:
- Develop and write company’s internal and external communications and extend the company’s voice into the senior living market. Proof and edit all communication.
- Enjoy and draw inspiration from a crafting a high frequency of time sensitive communication needs.
- Earn and maintain a seat at the table with senior leadership to seek clarity and drive informed change.
- Collaborate with senior leadership on internal communication, voice creation and message development.
- Contain an insatiable need to learn all aspects of the business as a means of shaping relevant communications that serve the specific purpose.
- Lead a third party firm(s) in developing newsworthy content that drives brand awareness and appreciation of the product we proudly serve.
- Craft a strategic communications framework and plan, outside of day to day needs, to broadly position the brand(s) in a relevant manner internally and externally.
- Partner and support the corporate website (www.lifespacecommunities.com).
- Support the development of the company’s and Foundation’s annual report(s).
- Develop, lead and partner with third party firms on crisis communications (i.e., COVID-19, natural disasters, etc.).
- Comply with applicable federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations; maintains knowledge of and follows all company policies and procedures.
- Obtain knowledge and demonstrate the principles of Living Lifespace, person directed care and successful aging philosophies and their inherent core values of commitment, respect, compassion, dedication, team work and quality. Team member will support, actively participate and act in accordance with the principles of the Living Lifespace service culture and be familiar with and fluent in the language and service pillars of Living Lifespace.
And here’s what you need to apply:
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree in journalism, English or other associated marketing field
- Ten to twelve years progressively increasing marketing and communications experience, planning and executing communications strategies in a large organization.
- An adapting writing style given the audience and intended authors
- Carries a passion for writing and knows how to learn the details to deploy communications worthy of the reader
- Knows how to learn a business, and all of its nuances, as a means of crafting effective communications
- Strategic thinker. Able to establish, articulate and implement a vision for the organization as it relates to corporate communication strategy.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information and stimulate thinking to top leadership.
- Beyond excellent writing skills.
- Seeks out innovative ways to communicate.
- Knowledgeable of social media applications in a business environment.
- Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to perform job duties and to interact and communicate with residents, vendors and team members.
Lifespace has enjoyed over 40 years of success and this is just the beginning. With new opportunities, continued growth, and the support from your Lifespace family get ready to ignite your life and experience Living Lifespace.
Lifespace Communities headquartered in West Des Moines, Iowa, is one of the nation’s largest senior living provider of non-profit retirement communities. The organization has annual revenue of over $340 million and employs over 3,800 team members. Lifespace Communities is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Through more than 40 years of existence, Lifespace has remained true to its founding ideal: to help create exceptional, financially sound communities where people could enjoy a more rewarding and secure retirement. The organization is committed to excellence and innovation in creating communities that celebrate the lives of seniors. Lifespace serves over 5,100 residents.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-21