Director, Corporate Communications
What You’ll Do Here
Build a strong partnership with leaders to craft an integrated corporate communications strategy for the global technology function at Cengage. You will build the resulting program and own the program execution.
Strategic Planning — Work with senior leadership to develop a communications program that informs, educates, motivates, and engages internal and external audiences including employees, competitive talent, customers, media, and investors. Ultimately, the program you design, in partnership with the Chief Technology Officer, will increase understanding and awareness of a specific Cengage corporate service or business unit.
Internal Communications – Build an internal executive communications programs in support of the executive-level business leader and broader organization. These communications will inform employees and create connections between their work and the organization’s priorities. The internal communications program will be tailored to specific needs and aligned to key metrics of success.
Executive Thought Leadership – Partner closely to understand their primary goals and areas of interest to establish a thought leadership platform. This platform will be built in alignment with the overall Cengage strategy and corporate narrative – the executive’s thought leadership will be curated to support the company’s goals and the goals of the business or function. You will also collaborate closely with the external communications team and PR agency to build visibility and establish credibility for the executive among key audiences.
Events, Speaking Opportunities – Proactively survey the market for opportunities to highlight the executive and organization at various events. Events and speaking opportunities will be selected based on specific criteria and will align with Cengage’s overall corporate communications goals.
Digital Communications – Collaborating with the digital communications lead to ensure these channels are leveraged appropriately. As part of this, you will lead the content strategy (content pipeline and creation) for the function’s blog – currently an underused platform to attract talent, increase awareness of the company’s expertise, and showcase differentiated thinking and approaches in the technology & education space.
Testimonials – Partnering with members of the BU or function leadership team to intake testimonial requests from third parties and evaluate the strategic opportunity for Cengage. You will respond to all testimonial requests in a timely fashion and ensure that the testimonial meets the strategic intent of the company, executive and BU / function.
Measurement – You will outline measurable goals that can be used to track the effectiveness of the employee and executive communications programs. Analysis should be ongoing throughout the lifespan of a program (pre-launch, execution, post-launch) and recommendations provided in real-time on how to continuously improve the efficacy of each program.
Relationship Management – Developing and maintaining strong partnerships with leadership to build credibility as a trusted partner, advisor, and strategic consultant.
Skills You Will Need Here
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years related internal and external communications experience, from program strategy design through execution
- Experience integrating communications programs to bolster effectiveness of message delivery across all platforms and relative audiences
- Established contacts in media related to education and technology
- Proven success partnering with PR agency
- Demonstrated success collaborating across matrixed organization
- Experience in disseminating corporate messaging to a multitude of audiences
- Experience in leveraging executive thought leadership to aid in company storytelling and establishing industry credibility
- Articulate communicator with the experience and confidence to provide daily counsel to senior leaders
- Experience with both strategic planning and tactical implementation of complex communications programs
- Excellent writing, editing and presentation building skills
- Ability to work well with employees at all levels across the organization
- “Client service” mentality; phenomenal teammate, putting the business needs and those of the leader ahead of concrete best practices; the right person is willing to always test and try new ways of communicating or working as a means to deliver the most effective communications
- Expertise in Microsoft Office applications including Excel, PowerPoint.
Cengage is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, marital status, parental status, cultural background, organizational level, work styles, tenure and life experiences. Or for any other reason. You may view Cengage’s EEO/Affirmative Action Policy signed by CEO Michael Hansen (https://p.widencdn.net/pdvq6j/EEO_Policy_Statement_January_2017) and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notice (http://embed.widencdn.net/pdf/plus/cengage/ybs5gt19ik/eeopost-merged.pdf) by visiting their corresponding links.
Cengage is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may call us at +1 (617) 289-7917.
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. The company serves the higher education, K-12, professional, library and workforce training markets worldwide. Cengage creates learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA. Employees reside in nearly 40 countries with sales in more than 125 countries around the world. Visit us at www.cengage.com or find us on Facebook or Twitter.
Cengage is the education and technology company built for learners. The company serves the higher education, K-12, professional, library and workforce training markets worldwide. Cengage creates learning experiences that build confidence and momentum toward the future students want. The company is headquartered in Boston, MA. Employees reside in nearly 40 countries with sales in approximately 165 countries and territories around the world. Find us on Facebook or Twitter.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-17