Director Corporate Communications
About the job
Who we are:
We are fiercely independent, passionate about ideas, and driven by data. Ayzenberg Group—based in Pasadena, California—is one of the largest privately held agencies on the West Coast. We offer a holistic approach for brands in search of creative solutions to their marketing challenges.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Ayzenberg seeks a highly qualified Director of Corporate Communications who is a well-versed publicist, and a strategic brand manager who will work to raise the agency profile and build its brand reputation and drive meaningful exposure within the advertising industry and beyond in a variety of media, including but not limited to: trade publications, award shows, social media, speaking engagements and any other outlets where our work, people, culture, content and success stories can be celebrated.
Around here, you never know where the next story is going to come from, by partnering with executive and senior leadership teams across departments, our Director of Corporate Communications will help develop and lead internal and external communications strategies for the agency and play an active role in sharing our stories and help creating them through our internal DE&I Efforts.
We are ambitious, and we are looking for a smart, motivated, and well-connected candidate with excellent communication and collaboration skills, who continually seeks out, curates and presents our stories, and enhances the offerings of our culture.
They must be proactive and heavily integrated with the daily happenings of the agency. A keen understanding of our activities and our talent and have a true pulse on the daily highlights is crucial to our success.
What you will do:
This opportunity is unique and will require the candidate to pursue stories big and small, and create opportunities to showcase and celebrate our teams, our work and our thought leadership.
The standard PR duties of getting our work into Creativity, Shoots, AdAge, Adweek and other industry pubs are expected and securing a few feature stories in these pubs is expected as well. Outside of the industry, we are looking for coverage in book and online with partners like Wired, Fast Company, Contagious and more.
Duties also include maintaining our external social strategy and messaging, partnering with our alistdaily outlet for distribution, responsible for discovery, creation and curation of content for our agency website.
There are also opportunities to partner with many people across the company to re-define our expectations of what is possible, and truly lead our approach to corporate communications in line with our culture and our ambitions.
- Define communications strategy and present, along with progress, to Executive Leadership
- Create and execute on short and long-term PR strategies for the agency
- Craft and distribute communications materials such as: press releases, opinion editorials, key messages, press briefing documents, award submissions, PR strategies, presentations, newsletters, etc., and collaborate with resourcing team on creative award submissions
- Curate media tracking and coverage for Ayzenberg executives, creative campaigns and key clients
- Build relationships with key advertising, business and consumer press through supporting pitch efforts
- Manage and work across teams to spearhead new initiatives on agency social media channels
- Work with internal talent to help foster culture and internal initiatives
- Manage internal branding projects with internal teams
What you will need:
- Experience working with press and senior executives
- Demonstrated expertise in drafting PR materials, pitching and securing media (please enclose a portfolio)
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and resourceful
- Familiarity with developing creative pitch angles and trendspotting
- 5-7 years of PR experience and an agency environment is a plus
- Strong interest in fostering and enhancing DE&I Initiatives
- Experience working with brands
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-02-20