Director of Corporate Communications
Director, Corporate Communications
At AliveCor, we imagine a healthier world powered by access to personalized intelligent information. Heart disease is the leading cause of death globally, including all cancers combined. We’re on a mission to be the world’s heart health partner by enabling access to quality heart care for everyone. AliveCor has pioneered over-the-counter medical EKG devices and continues to lead the way in empowering consumers and patients to take care of their heart. Using our FDA-cleared medical-grade hardware and software, more than 1 million users have taken 100 million heart health measurements and counting.
Our vibrant team of people are attracted to AliveCor because they want to build something meaningful—and AliveCor delivers every day. Customers tell us that we’ve saved lives. Join us in our mission.
We are searching for a Director of Corporate Communications to lead AliveCor internal and external communications globally. This role is responsible for public relations, social media, influencer programs, thought leadership, executive communications, internal communication, analyst relations, and crisis communication in AliveCor key markets.
The Director of Corporate Communications should be an experienced writer with a knack for pushing messaging boundaries, creating innovative and impactful storylines, and challenging norms in the industry. This role should consistently and proactively think outside the box to help a small company glean more attention in the press. The Director of Corporate Communications will report to the VP of Marketing, and will oversee the Marketing Writer and Content Strategist as well as AliveCor’s PR agencies.
This position can either be based in our Mountain View HQ, or can be based remotely in the U.S. We want the best candidate and will not let geography get in our way.
- Design integrated communication strategies that build corporate awareness, create engagement opportunities and drive brand growth among professional audiences
- Build cross-functional partnership across AliveCor verticals to understand business strategy, goals, growth initiatives, and design programs that scale these initiatives to meaningful communications activities
- Manage PR agencies toward the strategic development and execution of key product, partnership, fundraising and expansion launches
- Manage corporate brand and reputation alongside company’s PR agency
- Manage thought leadership, speaking engagements, and interview opportunities for the CEO and executive team.
- Drive and oversee innovative, outside-the-box messaging development.
- Oversee AliveCor social media for all consumer and professional channels.
- Build and deploy best practices for internal communications
- Ensure all communications are consistent with the overall brand and organizational standards.
- Crisis management and preemptive planning.
Qualifications & Skills:
- 10+ years of PR/Communications experience in healthcare
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- A proven track record of driving press and developing media relationships
- Seasoned team management and mentorship skills
- A self-starter attitude who knows what’s required to get stuff done
- A creative approach to problem solving, and the ability to problem-solve in real-time
- Success working cross-functionally and influencing teams
- A passion for AliveCor’s mission to help all people with chronic conditions live better and healthier lives
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field
Impress Us Even More
- International communications experience
- Background in technology
- Start-up experience
AliveCor is located in downtown Mountain View, CA. We are close to Caltrain and supply car and bike parking for employees. We strive to make your life outside work as smooth as possible while you’re at work, and we offer a long list of benefits to make that happen.
- 401(k) Matching
- Flexible and generous vacation policy
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- Generous Benefits – employee 100% covered for medical, dental and vision
- Mobile reimbursement
- Stocked kitchen + weekly catered lunches
- A supportive, collaborative group of people who understand that success depends on the team
AliveCor is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-03-24