Director Of Corporate Communications
United Educators (UE) provides liability insurance and risk management services to more than 1,600 members representing schools, colleges, and universities throughout the United States. With over 30 years serving education, we bring deep expertise to our members and focus on delivering an experience that leaves them feeling confident that we understand their needs and offer insights and solutions suited for their unique challenges. These sentiments are echoed in our culture, where we believe that building on and embracing our unique differences and perspectives enables us to better serve our members and fulfill UE’s mission.
UE is an understanding sage that assures, cares for, and enlightens its constituents. We are looking for a skilled communicator to help bring this brand promise to life for members, partners, employees, and other key stakeholders. In this role, you will develop cross-channel communications strategies that deepen connections with UE constituents. You will have oversight and administrative responsibility for the following areas: member and broker communications, media relations, employee communications, crisis/issue management, website content, brand messaging, and event/service promotion. The successful candidate is a team player who will supervise a small staff and can work effectively across multiple business functions and can deliver high-impact communications strategies on deadline in a fast-paced environment. We’re looking for a strategic thinker who can manage stakeholders at all levels and is ready to roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree preferred, and at least ten years relevant experience with demonstrated advancement to a leadership-level position.
- Experience developing and executing institutional communications programs. Must have a good working knowledge of branding, marketing, communications, and publication strategies.
- Proven expertise and experience working with the media and familiarity of trends in higher education.
- Must be a strong communicator with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess excellent judgment; be able to think creatively and strategically function as a consensus-builder; and serve as an institutional diplomat, fostering a spirit of teamwork among departments at UE.
- Ability to produce high-quality communications projects in diverse media, including print and digital communications.
- Strong supervisory experience with a proven track record of coaching and employee development.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects and responsibilities.
- The ability to thrive in an atmosphere of constant change.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-08