Director, Corporate Communications
We are seeking an experienced and seasoned corporate communications leader who will help scale the Dine Brands story as we enter the next phase of our high-growth journey.
He/she will lead our innovative and growing employee communications, culture focused work that includes developing and executing internal communications, business transformation initiatives, thought leadership campaigns and culture and corporate social responsibility programs, as well as advising executive leadership.
This role is based at Dine’s Headquarters in Glendale, CA and reports to the VP of Global Corporate Communications and Public Affairs.
- Design strategic communications plans and strategies that drive behaviors to fuel employee engagement and business growth.
- Direct organizational-wide initiatives and work collaboratively with senior leaders – while always remaining adaptable to change.
- Lead the content development of all internal communications and executive visibility plans.
- Manage existing owned Dine communication channels and champion future innovation.
- Partner with functional leaders across the organization and provide day-to-day communications council and guidance.
- Partner with VP of Comm in the development of high-value enterprise programs to support short and long-term Strategic Plans, Strategic Business Initiatives, business transformation efforts and evergreen transactional and employee cadence/engagement communications.
- Support senior leaders in the delivery and management of Executive Visibility programs to drive employee experiences and desired business outcomes.
- Partner with the Executive Team and further enhance culture efforts to establish and reinforce future-state behaviors, reinforcing Vision, Values and actions that enable collaboration across the organization.
- Play a key role in the development, launch and execution of our Employee Resource Groups; as well as serve as the communications lead for Diversity & Inclusion.
Skills & Requirements:
- Has 10+ years of hands-on experience in at least three of the following areas: franchise-model, food-industry experience, strategic organizational communications, change management, culture, mergers & acquisitions, employee engagement (including applications of social media), internal communications and executive/management communications.
- Drives internal counsel, offering perspective and ideas.
- Delivers actionable insights to frame creative and strategic recommendations, in collaboration with the company’s strategy, agency and creative teams.
- Exhibits superior writing, editing and presentation skills; project management skills; and consultative skills (including effective questioning, critical thinking, stakeholder management and communication methodology application).
- Is comfortable with ambiguity and operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Flexible and able to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to successfully influence and effectively work across functions and personalities.
- Ability to mentor peers.
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence.
- Ability to lead and inspire others.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-12