Director, Corporate Communications
Kymera Therapeutics is seeking a Director of Corporate Communications who has successfully driven strategic and corporate communication and branding initiatives. This role will support VP of Investor Relations and Communications in developing the overall corporate communications strategy and will be responsible for its execution. You will play a critical role executing Kymera’s integrated communications program, building our brand, and enhancing our corporate visibility and reputation.
Kymera Therapeutics is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on advancing the field of targeted protein degradation (TPD), a transformative new approach to address previously intractable disease targets. Kymera’s Pegasus™ TPD platform harnesses the body’s natural protein recycling machinery to degrade disease-causing proteins, with a focus on undrugged nodes in validated pathways currently inaccessible with conventional therapeutics. Our mission is to discover, develop, and commercialize transformative therapies while leading the evolution of targeted protein degradation. Kymera’s goal is to become a fully integrated biopharmaceutical company with a pipeline of novel medicines, with an initial focus on immune-inflammatory diseases and oncology.
In 2021, we plan to continue to grow and strengthen our organizational capabilities to deliver on the potential of inventing a new class of protein degrader medicines for patients. Kymera is rapidly advancing three programs in clinical studies this year. We are also actively advancing a broad pipeline of preclinical programs across a wide variety of diseases, both internally and in collaboration with our partners Sanofi and Vertex Pharmaceuticals.
- Work with the VP of Investor Relations and Communications and the Company’s Leadership Team to develop and execute the corporate communications program, which aligns with company goals and strategy, as well as enhances the perception and visibility of Kymera Therapeutics.
- Create and/or supervise the execution of public relations and reputation management campaigns to ensure that stakeholders understand Kymera’s corporate strategy, development pipeline and R&D strategy, and synergize communications across multiple channels to optimize audience reach.
- Serve as communications counselor to senior leadership team on specific external communications activities including, but not limited to: media interviews, conference speaking and thought leadership opportunities, and communications materials development. This includes preparing corporate spokespeople for media interviews and external presentations.
- Strategically partner with senior leadership and functional heads, such as the Leadership Team, HR, Clinical Development, Research, Legal, Finance, Investor Relations, and others to assist with their external communications needs.
- Own and direct process for drafting and reviewing press releases, as well as internal communications, managing consistency of messages and disclosure.
- Manage and contribute to the development of a broad spectrum of corporate messaging and communications materials, including Q&A documents, presentations, fact sheets, video scripts, speeches and briefing documents.
- Together with Program Management, R&D teams, and Medical Affairs, establish and drive a program level communications/publications strategy and calendar to drive Kymera’s message with key scientific and medical publications.
- Serve as a company spokesperson to media and advocacy organizations.
- Ensure digital/social governance strategy, content ownership and management strategy align with the Company’s business objectives.
- Oversee corporate website and other corporate properties/channels (Twitter/LinkedIn); update and maintain brand/style guide while ensuring continuity externally and internally of corporate identity (e.g., digital content guidelines).
- Measure and evaluate success against communications goals and oversee quarterly metrics reports and dashboards.
- Opportunity to collaborate on and support Investor Relations, Patient Advocacy and Internal Communications initiatives.
- Manage external agency partners and vendors.
- 5-10 years of communications experience, ideally in the biotech and/or pharmaceutical industry or at a communications/PR agency who has worked in the biotech industry.
- BA/BS in communications, marketing, business, or in a relevant scientific field.
- Ability to translate complex scientific messages into lay terms; science background preferred but not necessary.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of and engagement with biotech, scientific and financial media, including relationships with relevant health and business reporters.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a multi-disciplinary team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations and demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action.
- Clear understanding of disclosure requirements; familiarity with regulatory and compliance standards in the healthcare industry.
- Flexible and able to successfully navigate ambiguity and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced, deadline-driven environment with multiple priorities.
- Excellent project management abilities, follow-through, attention to detail and high sense of urgency.
- Possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Kymera Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all job applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-04-12