Director, Corporate Communications
WeWork is a global leader in flexible space, providing businesses of all sizes with the space, community, and services they need to run and grow their business. With 859 locations, in 151 cities in 38 countries across the world, WeWork delivers flexible space solutions to its 542,000 members worldwide.
WeWork is currently seeking a Director to join our Corporate Communications team. This full-time position will be based in New York, NY, and will report to the Senior Director of Corporate Communications. The candidate will have the opportunity to join an organization during a pivotal time of evolution and growth – both for the company and the corporate communications team.
The Director will be a senior member of the team, acting as a key spokesperson for the company responsible for planning, pitching and executing strategic communications efforts that can meaningfully drive our corporate narrative.
The successful candidate will be a highly driven and creative individual who can consistently identify and successfully pursue meaningful opportunities in elevating the company’s story, leadership, and product. The Director role will be leading media relations, corporate positioning, in addition to speaking engagements and speech writing for our executive team. Lastly, they will play a critical role in serving as a dedicated point of contact for specific functions across the organization, ensuring our team is up to date on upcoming announcements, data insights, and opportunities for press moments. The role demands energy, dynamism, and a positive attitude combined with diligence and vigilance.
The successful candidate will be an excellent writer, highly organized, with strong time management skills. WeWork is a fast paced environment, and flexibility and the ability to meet tight deadlines with good grace and humor are key to success.
- Extensive Media Relations – serve as a key spokesperson for the company by regularly engaging with reporters and pitching stories, managing inbound and reactive inquiries, and actively monitoring media landscape to ensure that the team is opportunistically and strategically handling reputational risk.
- Proactive Strategy & Planning – Work to establish and execute against a proactive communications plan that will drive a consistent narrative around key areas of the business. Additionally own creation and theme development for specific initiatives such as reporter notes and surrogate engagement.
- Cross-functional Support: Serve as Corporate Communications POC for designated functions across the organization, establishing a regular cadence for information sharing across teams in order to ensure the team can provide adequate internal support while also capitalizing on all opportunities for earned media.
- Project Management – lead and coordinate key projects, plans, calendars, research and insights with other members in the corporate communications function.
- Support Executive leadership team, internally and externally – serve as the day-to-day communications contact for functional leaders, providing interview and briefing prep ahead of speaking engagements, updated corporate talking points, and strategic counsel in conjunction with the internal communications team. Provide “outside-in” perspective to inform communications programming and storylines.
- 9+ years of communications experience – in house, agency or the public sector – at a real estate, technology, or fast-growth organization, at least some of which is corporate and/or executive communications
- Genuine communications savvy – you must have strong media relations skills, a deep network and strong writing, proven copy-writing and editing skills; as well as strong digital content generation skills.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver strategic communications plans – successful candidates should be able to demonstrate successful outcomes from communications activities where they have conceptualized, developed and executed a communications plan.
- Superior presentation / advisory skills – clear, concise thinking and sufficient gravitas to deliver meaningful advice to senior leaders on communications strategy in a timely fashion
- Strong project management skills – must be able to organize work in a disciplined and rigorous manner but equally comfortable in a deadline-driven, fast-paced environment.
- Impact player – you must be a strong self-starter who is eager to grow and make their mark in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization.
- Team player -, no job is too big or small. This is a lean team, we’re looking for a willingness to jump in as needed on anything.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-28