Director, Corporate Communications
Job Location: Parsippany
About the Role:
This new U.S. role will report to Ferrero’s U.S. Vice President of Corporate Communications and Public Relations and will be responsible for advancing the company’s corporate reputation among reporters, influencers, and key stakeholders, with a primary focus on promoting the company’s corporate accomplishments and sustainability efforts among U.S. audiences. This position requires a combination of corporate communications and corporate public affairs experience with a strong track record of generating media relations results, managing corporate social media channels and working with communications teams at key industry associations.
• Establish and maintain relationships with influential U.S. business and food and beverage reporters to advance the reputation and corporate prominence of Ferrero in the U.S.
• Identify media opportunities to advance Ferrero’s corporate reputation and leverage the positioning for Ferrero’s products to help advance the company’s CSR/sustainability narrative
• Write and edit materials including press releases, all external-facing materials, social media copy, and website information
• Manage Ferrero’s corporate social media channels
• Manage media inquiries and communications during crisis situations
• Represent Ferrero at relevant industry events, conferences and forums
• Establish and maintain collaborate relationships with confectionary industry colleagues and, more generally, food/beverage/CPG industry colleagues
• Be a member of key public relations and social media industry group to ensure Ferrero continues to stay informed and up to date on innovative and top-tier communications counsel and outputs/campaigns
Who we are looking for:
• Minimum 8 years of experience in a strategic communications role
• Bachelor’s degree in corporate communications, public relations, journalism or related field
• Proven track record managing social media channels to advance a company’s corporate reputation
• Candidate should be corporate communications professional with a proven ability to quickly grasp complex issues, with an emphasis on sustainability, sourcing, and FDA and CFBAI communications requirements, across a variety of disciplines and synthesize a high volume of information efficiently and productively
• Must have the ability to quickly earn the trust of team members across the organization and affirm the IA/CC team’s position as valuable business partner and go-to source for savvy and strategic communications counsel
• Strong public speaking skills, and an ability to clearly articulate Ferrero’s position on specific topics
• Possess the stature and presence to represent Ferrero at industry forums and events
Ferrero is anything but ordinary!
Ferrero is a global company that is privately owned by the Ferrero family. The company has grown from the small Italian confectionary shop in Alba, Italy to become the third largest confectionary manufacturer in the world, producing famous market-leading brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Fannie May and Kinder Joy®.
Ferrero’s North America Institutional Affairs/Corporate Communications team plays a significant role in managing Ferrero’s corporate reputation, steering the company’s relationships with key industry associations, and elevating the public relationships programs for the company’s iconic brands, in order to further position the Ferrero as a leader in the North America confectionery industry. As the company continues to expand and the U.S. region becomes an influential confectionery and media market for Ferrero, so has the need for innovative, cross-platform communications strategy and execution.
With new innovations and exciting expansions plans in place, there has never been a better time to join the Ferrero Group and be extraordinary with us!
Ferrero is a family-owned company with a truly progressive and global outlook and iconic brands such as Nutella®, Tic Tac®, Ferrero Rocher®, Raffaello®, Kinder Bueno® and Kinder Surprise®. As the love for our brands continues to grow, so too does our global reach. Represented in 55 countries, with products sold in more than 170, the Ferrero Group is loved by generations around the world. The secret to our global success? Nearly 35,000 dedicated employees who celebrate care and quality to craft a business, careers and brands we are proud of. Join us, and you could be one of them.
Ferrero is committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture in which all employees feel welcomed and appreciated and have the same opportunities. We believe all of our people are equally talented in their own way. In nurturing the curiosity and natural abilities of our employees, we provide them, generation after generation, the means to succeed personally and professionally, enabling them to craft their journey at Ferrero. The diversity of our talents is what makes our work environment multicultural, innovative and highly rewarding.
Ferrero N.A. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
How to be successful in the role and at Ferrero:
Consumers, quality and care are at the heart of everything we do. So, to be successful at Ferrero, you’ll need to be just as consumer and product centric as we are – dedicated to crafting brilliant results for consumers around the world.
Job posted: 2021-08-17