Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Corporate Communications
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 990 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.Job Title:
Director, Corporate CommunicationsCompany:
Director, External Communications
What We’re Looking For
We’re looking for a talented and strategic communications professional who brings creativity, experience, executive presence, and a collaborative nature to their work. Reporting to the vice president of Global Communications, the director, External Communications will play an important role in crafting and executing our strategy for telling Prologis’ company story to our customers, partners and other key audiences. This role will have a portfolio of issues that includes tech/innovation (IT, Prologis Ventures, Prologis Labs), Strategic Capital and more.
Our ideal candidate will have the confidence and demonstrated experience of creating and maintaining strong relationships with members of the media and can develop and pitch stories in support of business objectives and growing brand awareness. They will also have demonstrated experience with outside-the-box PR thinking and strategies.
We’re looking for a strong writer who can craft communications that clearly communicate complicated business issues – making them digestible and interesting to the media and the general population. This person is results driven and take pride in executing flawlessly on projects small and large. They also are a self-starter and a fantastic team member who is collaborative and committed to the company and team’s success.
If you are looking for an environment where you can do great work, have work-life balance, work with fun people (if we do say so ourselves!) and represent a global company that committed to building a sustainable future, come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Articulate the Prologis story strategically and proactively to show the world who we are and our role in defining the future of supply chains and logistics
- Build and enhance relationships with external media outlets, including top-tier business, and industry trade publications, with both traditional and digital media; garner local, regional and national coverage of Prologis to meet business objectives
- Support development of all PR materials, including press releases, blogs, company fact sheets, etc., other public-facing materials to support communications strategies
- Manage partnerships with Prologis PR agency partners
- Cultivate strong relationships with internal partners, including Investor Relations, Ventures, Research and regional business leaders. Help ensure that the company is tracking, monitoring and measuring media coverage on traditional, digital & social channels.
- Prepare company spokespeople for media interviews and other engagements, including training spokespeople, as needed, and ensuring that company’s most frequent spokespeople are prepared to address key issues as they emerge
- Identify external opportunities, including media interviews, speaking engagements at industry conferences, and other forums to showcase Prologis thought leadership
- Create innovative PR programs that will increase awareness and positive perception of our brand, leadership team, and workplace culture
- Effectively respond to reputational challenges as they arise including crisis communications
To Be Successful, You Will:
- Bring 12-15 years of relevant experience in media/PR – a focus in Real Estate, Commercial Development, Finance, Community Affairs or Public Affairs a plus.
- Demonstrate a successful track record of relationships with top-tier business media.
- Collaborative and thrive on working cross-functionally
- Be highly organized, detail-oriented and able to meet deadlines consistently
- Have excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Have experience working in or managing a PR agency
- Have previous crisis communications experience
All full-time roles in the US come with a robust benefits package which includes healthcare, dental, and vision insurance for employees and eligible dependents. Prologis also offers several other wellness, financial, and work/lifestyle-specific benefits. Our 401(k) retirement plan has a company match of 50% up to 12% of eligible compensation. We also offer generous PTO with a starting accrual of 22 days a year in addition to paid holidays and volunteer time.
As a condition to the commencement of your employment, Prologis requires proof of full vaccination against COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated two (2) weeks after your second dose in a two-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or two (2) weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Prologis will consider requests for a reasonable accommodation as to the vaccination requirement on the basis of a disability or sincerely held religious belief in accordance with applicable law.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Employment Type:
Job posted: 2022-01-02