Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Corporate Communications
Please review the job details below.
Maxar is seeking an experienced Director of Corporate Communications leader with a strong background in internal communications, executive communications, media relations, reputation management, crisis communications, storytelling and process improvement. This role is based in Westminster, CO. Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, you will work closely with cross-functional stakeholders across the company to tell the Maxar story through a broad range of media and channels. We are looking for a transformational leader who is willing to be a player/coach.
Responsibilities – Strategy & Execution:
- In collaboration with the Vice President of Communications and senior leaders in the business segments, establish overall strategy for global corporate communications, including narrative, messaging, deployment, and evaluation.
- Develop and implement content strategy, editorial calendar and communications initiatives that promote Maxar’s innovation and track record of performance to existing and potential customers.
- Develop thought leadership platforms and pursue opportunities to showcase senior business leaders and subject matter experts in the media and among industry associations.
- Prepare senior leadership for interviews and public appearances with media training, talking points, speechwriting and mock interviews. Develop repeatable processes, training and other materials that can be leveraged across the businesses.
- Design/enhance measurement framework to demonstrate the success of external and internal communications monthly, quarterly, and annually. Create/manage a competitive media intelligence program to monitor and provide reports on key narratives, themes, and messages that Maxar’s competitors are stating in the marketplace.
- Develop, execute, and lead corporate reputation campaigns related to talent retention and acquisition; corporate social responsibility (CSR); environment and sustainability (ESG). Support M&A and strategic investment communications for Maxar.
- Review, enhance and/or develop communications process and tools that can scale to support business growth.
- Transform Maxar’s internal communications structure with a focus on employee access to information in various business setting to include manufacturing facilities, remote workers, and customer sites.
- Implement cross-business storytelling, culture communications, advancement of company goals and initiatives tied to a measurement framework
- Develop content strategy for a variety of internal communications channels, such as the intranet, employee emails, videos, and blog. Improve, design and implement employee feedback mechanisms.
- Bring continuous knowledge and expertise to expand the team’s appreciation and understanding of communications strategy, solutions and processes in an integrated marketing communications effort.
- Must be US Citizen or permanent resident
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, primarily in corporate communications, internal communications, public relations, or related fields.
- Experience constructing internal and external communications measurement frameworks.
- Experience managing a team.
- Experience working with executive and senior leadership to craft successful communications strategies.
- Experience with managing crisis and issues
- Ability to articulate and present a wholistic communications strategy for corporate success.
- Experience managing a remote team
- Experience with merger and acquisition communications, Financial communications and investor relations experience
- Extensive writing and editing experience with an uncompromising eye for quality and clarity, applying appropriate tone, detail and message elevation for each audience.
- Enjoys working with a highly motivated team in a fast-paced environment.
- Outstanding project management skills; ability to organize a busy workload and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Good judgment, personal accountability, high integrity.
- Comfortable working with executives and in a cross-functional, matrixed organization.
The compensation range for this position is $128,000.00 to $213,000.00 annually, dependent on skills and experience. This position is also eligible for a bonus and equity plan.
All Maxar U.S. employees and international employees who work in the U.S. and visit Maxar sites must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 no later than January 18, 2022, except in cases where legally entitled to an exception.
Maxar Technologies values diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-04-30