Director, Corporate Communications
About Cyxtera Technologies, Inc.
Cyxtera Technologies combines a worldwide footprint of best-in-class data centers with a portfolio of modern, cloud- and hybrid-ready security and analytics offerings – providing more than 3,500 enterprises, government agencies and service providers an integrated, secure and resilient infrastructure platform for critical applications and systems.
Cyxtera is the secure infrastructure company. By combining a modern, hybrid-ready information security fabric with an uncommonly diverse and distributed footprint of 63 world-class data centers, Cyxtera delivers a secure platform for connecting and protecting dedicated infrastructure, private clouds and public clouds.
For enterprises, government agencies and service providers, Cyxtera offers powerful, secure IT infrastructure capabilities paired with agile, dynamic software-defined security.
Simply put, we’re a new kind of data center company—one with security integrated as a core service offering into the facilities that sit at the nexus of enterprise IT and the cloud. And we’re a new kind of security company—with solutions built for the way we run our applications today
Cyxtera’s secure infrastructure portfolio includes:
- 63 world-class data centers
- A context-aware, identity-centric access control solution that surpasses outdated hardware-defined and perimeter-centric approaches to infrastructure security with a “software-defined perimeter” that increases resilience, simplifies management complexity and reduces costs
- Specialized fraud prevention and authentication services for specific verticals including financial institutions and government agencies
- Advanced investigative and network analytics to help better predict, prevent and detect threats
About the Role
Cyxtera is seeking to add a new Director of Corporate Communications to its Marketing and Product Strategy team. The ideal candidate will assist in the development and execution of Cyxtera’s overarching marketing strategy through corporate communications tactics—ensuring that we consistently meet if not exceed our goals.
You will focus on executing targeted programs to build mind share for Cyxtera’s leadership position among its industry peer group. You will work closely with internal subject-matter experts to craft messaging aligned with the marketing and sales teams. You’ll play a critical role in building relationships with our industry’s leading journalists and analysts while also remaining up-to-date on the latest developments in the sector.
- Manage corporate communications programs to secure maximum exposure for the company’s news announcements via traditional media relations, social media, internal communications and analyst relations
- Enhance Cyxtera’s position in the market by developing communications initiatives aligned with Cyxtera’s overall marketing and sales strategy
- Work in close partnership with the internal marketing team and external public relations agency to develop content for external stakeholders to better understand the value delivered by Cyxtera solutions
- Manage and elevate relationships with key industry analyst firms, including regular interactions with top analysts in support of the company’s product strategy
- Manage editorial calendar for social media content across key channels in support of company products, events, and thought leadership
- Work with the creative department in the strategy and development of creative assets needed for communications programs
- Manage monthly reporting and analysis of communications activities focusing on core goals, results and recommended next steps
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Deep understanding of and ability to develop programs to effectively communicate Cyxtera’s value to external parties via public relations, analyst relations and social media outreach
- Strong understanding of corporate communications, public relations, analyst relations, social media and B2B marketing
- Ability to work proficiently with Microsoft Office applications, online communications tools such as Slack and Microsoft Teams, and Google Cloud
- Keen attention to detail and ability to work independently in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or related field required
- 10+ years communications experience managing performance-based corporate communications campaigns in a global B2B environment
Cyxtera is an equal opportunity at will employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-11