Director of Corporate Communications
This role will craft, develop and drive GenesisCare’s corporate and CEO communication program to encourage and provide direction to teams across GenesisCare and improve the organization’s corporate profile among shareholders, media, industry and communities.
You report directly to the Chief of Staff, within the Office of the CEO.
• Group Internal Communications Manager, Sydney-based (who will have 1x direct report: a U.S. based national internal communications manager, to be hired)
• Dotted line: Australian PR and Media Relations Manager, Sydney-based, with scope for U.S. Media Manager to be recruited in the future
Develop, produce, direct and execute an innovative strategy to manage internal and external CEO communications with key partners including employees, doctors, shareholders and media. Partners in the U.S. will be a major focus over the year ahead, as GenesisCare enters the U.S. market through the acquisition of 21st Century Oncology.
• Define the right frequency and channels of CEO communication to encourage, clarify and empower staff.
• Writing and production of content, including message tracks, speech notes, presentations, email announcements, newsletters, eDMs, videos and intranet content.
• Develop and produce engaging town hall forums and other innovative forms of communications.
• Support alignment of messages between the CEO’s office and internal communication resources in all GenesisCare markets.
• Coordinate and lead our small internal communications function to drive employee engagement and clarity our direction.
• Design and deliver global corporate media relations program.
• Coordinate market specific media campaigns led in each country.
• Supervise corporate media reporting and analysis and develop action plans as required.
• Develop regular shareholder communications to keep shareholders advised and aligned with the business direction.
• Provide mentorship and support to the CEO and other executives on effective communications.
• Be a member of the Crisis Management Team, preparing messaging, responses and advice to the appropriate company spokesperson on the given issue, and act as a media advisor in partnership with an external agency when required to resolve issues and in event of crisis.
• Expertly advise management across a range of areas including partner relations, reputation management, media relations and internal communications.
• Support and advise on the development of the organization’s strategic goals in Communications, Public Engagement and Advocacy including preparation of briefs and submissions.
Key working relationships
This role incumbent will need to develop strong relationships with the following parties:
o CEO & Managing Director
o Chief of Staff
o Office of the CEO
o Global Executive Leadership Team
o U.S. leadership team
o Group Internal Communications Manager
o Doctor leaders
o Country based internal communications and media relations leads
o Marketing (and IT) functions
o PR agencies
o Corporate media
o U.S. media
o GenesisCare patients
• Excellent strategic decision making
• Strong relationship management and influencing skills
• Leadership, business coordination, mentorship skills, with an ability to interact at an executive/strategic level
• Internal communications expertise: from strategy to delivery
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Media management, investor communications capabilities
• Proven project and change management skills with an action orientation and dedication to rapid completion
• Ability to lead small teams across markets
• High attention to detail
• Understanding of change management principles
• Digital delivery and production abilities (i.e. build and distribute eDMs, publish content on intranet, produce townhall webinars)
What characteristics are we looking for?
• A natural people-focused communicator
• Execution excellence
• Strong team orientation and ability to craft and develop relationships at all levels
• Can create clarity and design a game plan with incomplete data and in times of uncertainty
• Professional presentation matching requirements of working with a global CEO and senior level partners
• True connection and alignment with the values and purpose of the organization and the promotion of health and well-being for people and the community
• Interest in clinical themes and treatment advancements
• Action orientation and prepared to roll sleeves up
• Significant experience in a communications agency or in-house communications role
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism or associated field
• Experience advising C-suite executives
• Proven experience in working with dynamic partners to deliver change
• Prior experience in the healthcare / medical industries or similar would be desirable
Our purpose is to design care experiences that get the best possible life outcomes. Joining the GenesisCare team means a commitment to seeing and doing things differently. Asking “what if and why not?” And being focused on getting the best possible outcomes for our patients!
We believe that care should be focused on the individual, not the condition, and be available when and where people need it most and it should be designed to help give people the best life outcomes possible. We specialize in treating and innovating in cancer and heart disease, the two biggest diseases that affect people’s lives. We’re proud that we are designing better care for more people around the world every day.
GenesisCare will soon complete an acquisition of major oncology provider 21st Century Oncology, marking our entry into the U.S. market. This will expand our reach to more than 6,000 doctors, healthcare professionals and support staff across the U.S., Australia, the UK and Spain, and more than double our patient access.
We are looking for motivated and passionate team members who share our sense of purpose, helping us to deliver high quality treatments to the people who need it, in a way that is efficient and brings to bear the power of our global network!
Empathy for all
We do all we can to understand the needs, emotions and ambitions of patients and each other. Because only through understanding can we work well together inside GenesisCare, and make the necessary difference to the experience and life outcomes of the patients we treat.
Partnership, inside and out
We achieve more together than apart, so we share, listen, and work as one. Designing better care will only be possible if we work together, with each other inside GenesisCare and with people and our partners from outside, who want the same things we do and who want to be included in our purpose.
Innovation every day
We all supply insightful, innovative ideas, both big and small. Because great ideas can come from anyone, anywhere, and we know that insight and evidence is the best way to unlock them, to design better care.
Bravery to have a go
We dare to make ideas happen, to make the impossible a reality, because at GenesisCare that’s our DNA. We will only fulfil our purpose if we try and learn and commit ourselves to making things happen; after all, nothing means more to us than getting you the best life outcomes possible.
Quality and Safety
GenesisCare strives to continuously improve the quality and safety of our workers and services provided to our patients and their careers in line with our purpose and values.
• Be aware and understand Safety and Quality accountabilities relevant to the role
• Lead and be accountable for sustainable Safety and Quality programs (including outside review processes) and communicate outcomes
• Mitigate risks and hazards; proactively develop and implement risk reduction strategies and record outcomes
• Monitor compliance with the policies and procedures of the Safety & Quality Management System
• Be accountable for own actions and seek assistance when necessary
• Demonstrate knowledge/competency in performance of skills relevant to the role, including completion of required training
Legislated individual Work Health & Safety Duties for all workers:
• Take reasonable responsibility for your own and others’ health and safety
• Take reasonable care that any of your acts or omissions do not adversely affect the health and safety of others
• Participate in safety training, tasks and other activities as required or instructed
GenesisCare is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-19