Director, Corporate Communications, Head of U.S. Listing
At Nasdaq, we are relentlessly reimagining the world of tomorrow — one that is built on innovative technology, fueled by market-moving insights and driven by forward thinking. This is a key role on the global Corporate Communications team to build and manage our brand for the U.S listings business in New York City and support the Executive Vice President of our Listings business and his direct reports. Nasdaq is home to approximately 4,000 total listings with a market value of approximately $15 trillion, and has welcomed more than 250 IPOs since January 2019. To learn more, visit: http://www.nasdaq.com Who Are We Looking For?
We are looking for an expert writer and story teller, adept at working with clients and media, with a strong background and successful track record in media relations, particularly broadcast, and building and maintaining long term relationships with key reporters and media outlets covering Nasdaq and the equity capital markets.
This role will lead and develop strategic external communications campaigns to enhance the Nasdaq brand and leadership of our U.S. listings business. The role plays a large part in supporting companies transitioning from private to public, serves as a trusted advisor on companies’ media strategies to ensure optimal outcome on the IPO (Initial Public Offering) day and beyond. The ideal candidates will have a passion for client relationships, financial markets, handle franchise issues with sound judgement, and develop strategic messaging and content quickly and with purpose.
The Director, Corporate Communications, Head of U.S. Listings will manage one direct report and report to the Vice President of Corporate Communications The right candidate will bring an entrepreneurial attitude to the role as a natural leader, networker and self-starter, and a high level of experience and comfort with managing and navigating different personalities and team dynamics.
Your Role and Responsibilities
The role demands creativity, energy, and a positive attitude. The successful candidate must have excellent writing, communication, presentation and relationship management skills; sound judgement; and, importantly, a passion for media relations and working with clients.
• You will be the senior strategic communications advisor for the listing business, listed companies and prospects
• Requires extensive collaboration with the Nasdaq MarketSite Broadcast and events teams, Corporate Services marketing, and social media teams, to promote Nasdaq’s brand and thought leadership on a range of capital markets-related topics
• You will serve as a key partner to maintain listed company relationships and drive media results for a deep bench of spokespeople
• Strong presentation skills and leading discussions at new client pitch meetings will play a key part of our sales process and business proposals
• You will also serve as a media spokesperson for the Nasdaq’s listings business and Nasdaq MarketSite
• You will balance the demands and interests of multiple projects across the Business Unit, with clients, on-site media partners, and maintaining key internal relationships
• The right candidate has a foundation as a media specialist and is comfortable pitching to and managing a diverse and expansive set of clients, reporters and news outlets
Do You Have The Following Experience?
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, public affairs, journalism, or a related field
• 10 years’ experience in media relations, specifically with top tier business publications and broadcast media
• Experience at a public relations firm is desired, but not a requirement
Does This Sound Like you?
This is a full-time position based at the Nasdaq MarketSite in New York. As the selection process is ongoing, please submit your application as soon as possible.
Please follow through by clicking the “Apply” link and submitting your application. If your skills and experience are a match, we will be in touch soon, and in the meantime please visit our website and social media channels to learn more about our innovative business, inclusive culture and where a career at Nasdaq can take you.
Nasdaq is an equal opportunity employer. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of age, color, disability, national origin, ancestry, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable law.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-26