Director Of Corporate Communications & Technology Public Relations
Description & Requirements
Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
The Director of Corporate Communications & Tech PR will lead a team of PR professionals who, collectively, will act like an in-house PR agency and will be responsible for promoting and enhancing Xerox’s reputation via earned media. The Director will have responsibility for corporate, tech and financial PR globally, as well as crisis communications.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter, a creative and out-of-the-box thinker, a very strong writer, skilled at both developing strategic communications plans and managing tactical execution and comfortable wearing many hats. He/She must be detail-oriented, be able to liaise with the c-suite, work collaboratively across departments and demonstrate the ability to influence key decision-makers.
- Work with VP of Corporate Communications to build a high-level, big-picture vision for PR.
- Oversee the media strategy for corporate, tech and financial PR globally.
- Manage the development of strategic communications plans that proactively highlight Xerox’s value propositions, technology products and business announcements.
- Work with the Integrated Communications, Storytelling and Investor Relations teams to craft messaging and identify story hooks that will earn Xerox media.
- Engage with business leaders across the organization to drive earned media for Xerox’s innovation strategy, technology products and new areas of growth, including AI, 3D printing, software and services, sensors IOT (Internet of Things), digital packaging and clean tech.
- Collaborate with the Integrated Communications team to identify earned media and speaking opportunities that position executives as thought leaders.
- Support thought leadership programs for key executives, initiate research studies and oversee awards submissions.
- Assist in the media outreach strategy for the company’s Quarterly Earnings Calls and Annual Meeting of Shareholders.
- Lead crisis communications, including developing preparedness plans for challenging issues, reputation and crisis situations, providing counsel on crisis communication scenarios and serving as primary media contact.
- Establish, monitor and ensure that goals and PR KPIs are met.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 10 years of experience at a public relations agency or as a senior member of an in-house public relations and/or communications team
- Extensive media relations experience
- A rolodex of media contacts
- Tech background is a plus
- Excellent writing and editorial skills
- Ability to formulate clear and concise messages from complex topics
- Resourceful in gathering information from across the organization
- Comfortable multi-tasking
- Extremely organized with unfailing attention to detail
- Professional and executive presence conducive to working with senior leadership
- BA/BS undergraduate degree
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-15