Director, Corporate Social Responsibility
This position plays a key role in setting and executing the vision, objectives and plan for the company’s corporate social responsibility (CSR), environmental/sustainability, social and governance (ESG) program and communications.
- Partner with other leaders in the organization to develop, oversee, direct and manage key aspects of Atlas’ CSR and ESG policies, programs, practices and goals. Position will require extensive coordination with others in corporate communications, human resources, legal, operations, government affairs and other internal leaders and external stakeholders on key initiatives and the communications relating to those initiatives.
- Establish, measure and report Key Performance Indicators that demonstrate Atlas’ progress against its CSR/ESG objectives; and provide regular updates to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Identify and actively engage with relevant internal stakeholders to strengthen Atlas’ CSR/ESG commitments and disclosures.
- Utilize experience in addressing topics such as climate change, emissions and other environmental issues, health and safety, supply chain, community engagement, ethics and integrity, risk management, and data privacy and cybersecurity to create ESG policies, establish key performance indicators and track metrics.
- Partner with human resources to promote inclusive diversity programs and other employee engagement efforts across the company.
- Execute CSR/ESG external communications that focus on initiatives most essential to building Atlas’ reputation and managing risk, while ensuring the appropriate level of transparency expected by external stakeholders.
- Develop overall narrative and message framework.
- Maintain Atlas CSR/ESG report and provide ongoing editorial leadership for key “owned” platforms, i.e., corporate website (customer facing/Investor facing), social platforms, etc.
- Promote Atlas’ ESG leadership through internal and external digital platforms (i.e., intranet, corporate site, social media).
- Secure Atlas’ position in key ESG rankings and ratings, managing submissions; ensure accuracy of ratings and request updates, as needed
- Engage with external CSR/ESG stakeholders to strengthen Atlas relationships, meet membership requirements, manage risk in key areas, improve sustainability knowledge and build relationships with peers/influencers, including:
- Business associations (e.g. BSR (Business for Social Responsibility), NetImpact, Boston College Center for Corporate Citizenship, etc.)
- Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) and key suppliers
- Sustainability stakeholders
- Set the strategy for philanthropic giving, partnerships and volunteerism opportunities that aligns with company priorities and drives employee engagement
- Manage philanthropic budget, and identify high-impact, high-profile giving opportunities.
- Develop partnerships with community organizations in the communities in which Atlas does business both domestically and internationally.
- Build campaigns for employee volunteerism and giving to support company vision.
- Create platform for employee matching program; implement launch and ongoing maintenance.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or sustainability-related field or equivalent experience required.
- Master’s degree in business, communications or sustainability-related field preferred.
- 9 to 11 years of experience in a corporate communications or sustainability communications role.
- Transportation/logistics industry experience preferred; aviation industry experience a plus.
- A working knowledge of the application of sustainability and CSR principles in a corporate environment.
- Light travel may be required
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to understand and translate data and metrics.
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to manage budgets and interface with internal and external partners.
The Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is our policy to afford equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, place of birth, age, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other characteristic or status protected by applicable in accordance with federal, state and local laws.
If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law document at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm.
To view our Pay Transparency Statement, please click here: Pay Transparency Statement
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-17