Director of Developer Relations
Snyk’s mission is to build security into development – the only way security can scale. To get such dev adoption, we built a dev tooling company, not a cyber company. We’re looking to delight and engage developers as we help them secure what they build. This approach spans the entire company, from product to commercial to community – which is where you come in.
We’re looking for a passionate, self-directed Director of Developer Relations to define the strategy and grow the DevRel content team. The content team aims to rapidly drive adoption of DevSecOps practices and Snyk’s products, and achieve that through great content, including blog posts, presentations, videos and more. This content aims to educate, empower and encourage developers to build securely and own application security across the cloud-native stack.
The DevRel content team further plays a strategic role in Snyk. First, it aims to mobilise the community to embrace a new way of building software, embracing continuous security into the development world just like DevOps before it. Secondly, it is responsible for much of the growth of Snyk’s freemium user base and vendor-neutral DevSecCon community, accelerating Snyk’s business success along with advancing the practices of cloud native software development.
As a Director of Developer Relations at Snyk:
You will create, mentor, inspire, and lead driven teams to deliver on a strategy and well-defined content plan. You will identify and lead new projects and initiatives and grow the developer-first security approach and Snyk platform adoption.
You’ll spend your time:
- being a thought leader in the developer advocacy group and helping lead the team with project ideas and roadmap planning
- producing a content strategy for the team and creating great content in a variety of different media: blog posts, videos, podcasts, cheat-sheets, particularly around container and application security
- increasing awareness around the Snyk platform by educating open-source users and communities about the importance of DevSecOps and Snyk
- identifying and leading or creating innovative integrations and solutions to help users interact with Snyk in different environments
- working closely together with our partners, customers, the development, product and marketing teams, and of course the broader developer communities.
- being the public face of Snyk at conferences, community meetups, and customer events
We work in geographically distributed teams, generally split between the US and EU. We use Slack & Zoom to keep in contact with one another, and you’ll travel around twice a year to spend time with colleagues who aren’t co-located with you.
You should apply if you:
- have previous experience as the head of a Developer Relations team
- Have previous experience creating and executing content strategy plans to grow audience reach and adoption
- you’re passionate about building security into application development and are keen to share these with Developer and DevOps teams
- are at your best when thinking outside the box, innovating, and inspiring those around you
- pride yourself on the quality and accessibility of your writing and teaching
- are comfortable preparing and presenting technical talks to keynotes
We’d especially love to hear from you if you:
- have strong security experience, or have worked with security engineers, including security leads.
- have previous experience with containers, container orchestration, and other cloud-native technologies.
Right now, our work is purely virtual given the pandemic. Once made possible, you should expect to spend around a quarter of your time traveling, so you will need to hold a valid passport at all times.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-09-09