Director of Development & Communications
Under the supervision of the President/CEO, you will coordinate communications and development activities to foster a favorable public image and increase charitable support for Pathway Homes. This management level position reports to the President/CEO and works closely with members of the Board of Directors, Leadership and Management Team to meet agency priorities.
Overall duties and responsibilities include:
• Agency Fundraising Plan: Create, implement and evaluate the agency’s overall fundraising plan working with the CEO, Leadership Team and Pathway’s Board to garner diversified revenue sources to maintain the programmatic, operational, capital and endowment needs of the agency.
• Relationship Management: Build, develop and maintain a network of existing and potential foundation and grant manager contacts/relationships, corporate sponsors and individual donors.
• Annual Campaign: Coordinate mailings to current and prospective donors for first-time and re-occurring gifts.
• Planned Giving: Inform and incent donors to consider Pathway Homes as they execute their wills, estate and tax planning, and donor advised funds
• Agency Communication and PR: Coordinate press releases and opinion responses on Pathway Homes and/or mental health issues.
• Marketing and Events: Supervise Marketing and Events Associate production of agency newsletter, website, graphic identity, and social media platforms to promote greater understanding of Pathway Homes mission and service continuum; destigmatizing mental illness, and garnering charitable support for Pathway Homes. Also, lead production of agency fundraising and consumer events.
• Volunteer Management: Supervise Marketing and Events Associate recruitment, coordination, and evaluation of volunteer program.
• Gift Accounting and Donor Relations/Recognition: Oversee donor and prospect database integrity including gift records, information/status updates, and report generation for accounting, Board of Directors, and other stakeholders.
• Leadership: Participate in management and leadership team meetings providing strategic input and leadership around agency goals and objectives.
Required Qualifications Include:
- Bachelor’s degree in philanthropy, communications, business administration or a related field. Minimum of 5 years’ of demonstrated success in nonprofit fundraising or grant making. Excellent communication and presentation skills (both written and oral).
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- a degree in a related field, C.F.R.E. certification and/or accreditation from a certifying philanthropic society.
- Compensation is $80,000 annually
- Excellent benefits, including health, free dental (for employee), free life insurance and access to a 403(b) account
- Friendly, supportive workplace!
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-19