Director of Development and Communications
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT AND COMMUNICATIONS
The Community Coalition Against Human Trafficking (CCAHT) is the only counter-trafficking organization in East Tennessee that unites and equips our community to end human trafficking while providing survivors with comprehensive, trauma-informed aftercare services, including case management, safe shelter, food and clothing, transportation, therapeutic services, and more. Based in Knoxville, the CCAHT serves 33 counties of East Tennessee, serving as the single point of contact Tennessee Anti-Slavery Alliance (TASA) partner for the East Tennessee region.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development and Communications is responsible for developing, managing, and administering the CCAHT’s annual fund development and communications strategies. With the support of the ED and the Board of Directors, the
Director of Development and Communications will implement a multi-level advancement plan to include individual giving; corporate giving and sponsorships; special events; local, state, and federal grants; digital giving campaigns; and more.
- Develops and implements comprehensive annual fundraising and communications strategies
- Generates revenues for agency programs or services through timely submission of well- researched, well-written, and well-documented fundraising proposals
- Coordinates and executes annual fundraising events (marketing, community awareness, vendors, locations, etc.)
- Researches and identifies new funding prospects, to include individual donors, corporate partners, and grant opportunities
- Generates proposals and supporting documents in response to grant solicitations and oversees grant reporting and compliance
- Collects and synthesizes program data to report program outcomes and impact to stakeholders
- Oversees general organization communication efforts to include website and landing page development, digital marketing strategies (including social media, e-mail marketing, blog writing and development, etc.), direct mail, creation and distribution of press releases, creation and distribution of agency impact reports, etc.
- Coordinates the development and printing of agency marketing collateral, including brochures, flyers and program one-pagers, annual impact reports, etc.
- Writes mission-focused op-eds and other long-form content for dissemination via local media outlets
- Supports board development efforts through board engagement plans, board member recruitment, and board communication
- Supports the organization’s adherence to the financial procedures
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, researching best practices, maintaining personal networks, participating in professional organizations, etc.
- Oversees administrative duties as assigned by Executive Director
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrates strong organizational and documentation skills
- Possesses the ability to effectively build and maintain collaborative relationships with individuals from a wide range of backgrounds (e.g., professionals in the social service field, law enforcement, criminal justice, and the general public)
- Holds strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Approaches business planning in an action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative way
- Brings passion, idealism, integrity, a positive attitude, and a mission-driven, self‐directed work ethic
- Holds strong marketing and public relations experience, with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and audiences
- Maintains willingness to stay abreast of and use new skills and knowledge brought about by rapidly changing information and/or technology
- Possesses strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, database management, and financial reporting
The Director of Advancement will be thoroughly committed to the Community Coalition Against
Human Trafficking’s mission. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a strong academic background
- Preferred concentration in marketing, communications, or other related background
- Experience with donor development, implementation and management of large-scale fundraising initiatives, and capital campaigns
- Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in non-profit project management, development, grant writing and/or non-profit communications
- Experience with Adobe Suite and WordPress a plus
- Successful completion of criminal background checks
- Ability to communicate clearly in English both written and verbal
- Good visual & audio capabilities
- Sit for extended periods
- PC/Keyboarding abilities
- Work extended hours as needed ( >40 per week)
Job Title: Director of Development and Communications
Reports To: Executive Director
Hours: Full-time w/ benefits (willing to work evening and weekend hours as needed)
Salary Range: $48,000-$53,000 depending on experience and qualifications
To apply, please include cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 – $53,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
To apply, please email your resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2020-11-09