Director of Digital Content
TechNet is the national, bipartisan network of technology CEOs and senior executives that promotes the growth of the innovation economy. TechNet’s diverse membership includes dynamic startups and the most iconic companies on the planet and represents over four million employees and countless customers in the fields of information technology, e-commerce, the sharing and gig economies, advanced energy, cybersecurity, venture capital, and finance. TechNet has offices in Washington, D.C., Silicon Valley, San Francisco, Sacramento, Chicago, Austin, Boston, Olympia, Albany, and Tallahassee.
The Director of Digital Content will play a key role in advancing TechNet’s comprehensive federal and state advocacy, digital marketing, and communication strategies to external audiences across platforms. The ideal candidate will help create original content including (but not limited to) videos, multimedia graphics, newsletters, blogs, press releases, and other materials that effectively highlight and advance stories of how technology is driving innovation, creating jobs, and strengthening our economy and global competitiveness.
The ideal candidate will work well both independently and as part of a team and has proven communication, social media, writing and editing, video production, and multimedia skills. Knowledge of key technology policy issues is a plus. This position will require someone with an eye for detail, who is a self-starter and team player, and can meet tight deadlines. The position will report to the Director of Communications.
- Oversee TechNet’s social media channels including the creation of daily content, developing interactive graphics, videos, and other shareable visuals, and leading social media campaigns around legislative priorities and major events
- Manage TechNet’s website including making regular updates, uploading new content, and performing routine maintenance
- Lead the creation and distribution of original content (videos, blogs, newsletters, infographics, etc.) that drivesTechNet’s messaging and advances the organization’s policy priorities
- Support the drafting and distribution of op-eds, press releases, videos, multimedia graphics, and other materials
- Assist with the creation and implementation of a messaging calendar with a focus on driving thought leadership and content creation
- Manage and maintain the press contact lists
- Help develop talking points, briefing memos, and other materials for meetings between senior executives and reporters and policymakers
- Create and distribute a weekly newsletter to TechNet member companies and policymakers
- Assist in the coordination of logistics around TechNet events
- Monitor the business, philanthropic, legal, and political activities of TechNet’s member companies, and promote their initiatives through TechNet platforms as appropriate
- Offer new, proactive ideas for growing TechNet’s media and online footprint
- Help manage an external communications firm
- Support other departments as needed
- At least six years of experience working in communications and/or digital media on Capitol Hill or for a political campaign, corporation, agency, or trade association
- At least three years managing a social media account and digital content for a lawmaker, agency, corporation, or other business/organization
- Experience in preparing and executing recurring communications priorities such as press releases, newsletters, multimedia collateral, and other items
- A proven writer and communicator with an editor’s eye
- Strong strategic planning, analytical, and communication skills. Ability to distill complex messaging into easily understandable and shareable content reflecting TechNet’s public policy principles
- Experience working on technology sector issues is a plus
- Existing relationships with traditional and digital media outlets is a plus
- Proficiency with ExactTarget or other marketing software
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop) or similar graphic design and video editing software preferred
- Experience with Quorum, Leadership Direct, or similar programs
- Video editing experience preferred
- Must be able to work independently to initiate projects in coordination with the Communications Director
Interested candidate should email their resume, 2-3 writing samples, and examples of original multimedia content (social media posts, videos, podcasts, etc.) to email@example.com.
Job posted: 2021-09-28