Director, Digital Engagement
Society for Human Resource Management
At SHRM, we are committed to making work, workers and workplaces better through insights-driven policy solutions, learning and development, thought leadership and research. We are shaping the ways employers and employees thrive together. SHRM is empowering our more than 300,000+ members, including HR professionals, business executives, and people managers, to lead as strategic business partners and effective stewards of workplace culture, business productivity, and employee engagement.
The Director, Digital Engagement is responsible for digital media strategy and the accompanying plans and implementation. This position will transform SHRM’s advocacy, brand, business, marketing and membership goals into the digital activities that will achieve them. This position will also lead a team responsible for collaborating on organization-wide content creation and digital strategies and initiatives.
- Lead the digital team in setting an overall strategy, ideating big concepts, and cross digital campaigns to achieve measurable outcomes.
- Manage and mention staff.
- Handle the day-to-day operations of projects involving SHRM’s website, social media properties and non-owned channels.
- Responsible for protecting and publicly defending SHRM’s brand and reputation across digital platforms and with influencers in the digital space.
- Help develop creative concepts into innovative digital executions using a variety of tactics.
- Identify opportunities for advocacy, business, marketing and membership teams to use digital technology to enhance their overall communications and marketing mix.
- Through a strong understanding of digital measurement and analytics, incorporate analytical insights into programs and provide insightful solutions for how colleagues across SHRM can identify and track critical KPIs for digital campaigns and initiatives.
- Using assessment tools and secondary research, provide SHRM colleagues with assessments of their campaigns’ overall digital maturity and performance.
- Provide POVs on SHRM’s digital architecture detailing how each piece of the ecosystem (website, social assets, etc.) will contribute to SHRM’s objectives.
- Use client and industry insights to develop overarching CRM and 1:1 marketing strategies and campaigns
- Conduct asset audits to map SHRM’s digital presence and assess the effectiveness of each asset.
- Provide POV regarding the use and effectiveness of existing and emerging technologies
- Stay abreast of the digital marketing industry, bring best practice ideas and benchmarking, especially as it relates to mobile, CRM, and emerging technologies.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications, Psychology, Sociology or Digital Marketing
- At least ten (10) years advertising/communications/marketing/public relations experience with several years in a leadership capacity.
- PR agency experience is a plus.
- Experience developing big ideas and bringing them to life across a myriad of digital platforms.
- Knowledge of website design, html, search and social advertising, URL architecting, programmatic advertising, email marketing, and e-commerce.
- Some experience with enterprise level email platforms, Google Analytics (or other online management tools) platforms, and social platforms.
- Mastery of basic marketing principles, such as target segmentation, category, value proposition, positioning, and brand strategy.
- Mastery of content marketing principles, best practices in influencer engagement and public policy advocacy.
- Experience managing staff, project teams and external vendors/consultants. Experience working with CEOs and top leadership.
- Exemplary organization skills and ability to direct multiple projects and meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently and respond to ongoing requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability to collaborate across the department to implement processes and achieve results.
- Track record of building and maintaining productive relationships with multiple stakeholders, including working closely with department heads.
- Basic knowledge of CMS platforms such as, Sitecore, Drupal and WordPress.
- Understanding of online measurement platforms.
- Familiarity with video content development and storytelling a plus.
- Expertise of new and emerging media channels and technology and ability to keep up with changes.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong relationship management and communication skills.
- Must be able to perform essential duties satisfactorily with reasonable accommodations.
- Work is generally done sitting, talking, hearing and typing. Visual acuity to use a keyboard, prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribing, viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading.
- Work is regularly performed in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment.
Our employment practices are in accordance with the laws that prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran’s status, marital status, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by applicable law.
SHRM is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
We do not sponsor applicants for work visas.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-12-18