Director of Digital Marketing
Kemper is one of the nation’s leading specialized insurers. Our success is a direct reflection of the talented and diverse people who make a positive difference in the lives of our customers every day. We believe a high-performing culture, valuable opportunities for personal development and professional challenge, and a healthy work-life balance can be highly motivating and productive. Kemper’s products and services are making a real difference to our customers, who have unique and evolving needs. By joining our team, you are helping to provide an experience to our stakeholders that delivers on our promises.
The Director of Digital Marketing is responsible for managing and executing the digital marketing and media strategy for Kemper’s Property & Casualty division. This position will help impact the organization’s strategic growth plan and customer experience initiatives. This person will work with key partners across the P&C team to help define an overarching strategy that best utilizes digital technology to meet the business brand’s goals and objectives.
This role will work collaboratively with Kemper’s sales, marketing and technology teams in our P&C business brands to develop and support strategies and campaigns. The Director of Digital Marketing will think strategically and be execution-oriented to drive a fully integrated digital marketing approach. The role is also responsible for championing digital approaches throughout the department and enterprise.
- Develop and drive overall digital marketing plan to build our brands online with our core constituencies and grow our leadership position in a competitive space.
- Advise and partner with business brand sales, marketing and technology teams to:
- Advocate and implement digital marketing strategies and emerging technologies to support lead acquisition, engagement and conversion.
- Help drive SEO/organic growth and inbound traffic through optimization of content and other recommendations.
- Provide strategic counsel and direction on the full range of digital opportunities and issues.
- In partnership with digital leaders, oversee enhancements and ongoing management of Kemper.com. Evolve Kemper’s web presence, enhancing mobile capabilities, and search engine optimization.
- Develop and direct social media strategy to build and support the P&C brands; create, implement and evaluate data-driven social media campaigns.
- Identify and implement innovative tactics to attract, engage, convert and grow our P&C target markets, and build our brand online.
- Analyze market trends, including focus on customers and competitors; develop and implement strategies and tactics to optimize P&C business brand marketing and positioning.
- Analyze the productivity and effectiveness of all digital and web efforts and develop meaningful metrics and reports for internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field and 8+ years of digital marketing experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Corporate experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated execution-level expertise and experience in all digital channels including websites, mobile, social media, content management systems, SEO/SEM, and email marketing.
- Effective at designing, implementing, and optimizing digital marketing initiatives, measuring and reporting on digital marketing’s impact on the business, and proposing improved ways of operating based on the data.
- Experience in leading website design and development efforts, including integration of systems and digital assets.
- Strong team leadership and development experience and skillsets.
- Demonstrated experience at explaining and building support for digital and technical initiatives.
- Results-driven personality with a high level of enthusiasm, energy and confidence.
- Self-directed and ability to prioritize, action-oriented, and energetic problem-solver.
- Critical and analytical thinker, proactive in proposing tests, ideas, solutions, optimization tactics, and channel strategies.
- Excellent organization, task and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Familiarity and proficiency with managing digital agency relationships.
Kemper is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, disability status or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We are committed to supporting diversity and equality across our organization and we work diligently to maintain a workplace free from discrimination. Kemper is focused on expanding our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion efforts to align with our vision, mission, and guiding principles. Kemper does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Kemper and Kemper will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-10