Director, Digital Strategy
NCTA has an exceptional work environment with great benefits.
NCTA seeks a creative leader who can develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to create and promote a variety of content across NCTA’s digital and social media platforms in support of NCTA’s advocacy mission. This individual should be able to strategically assess and understand social media activity and trends, including gauging opportunities and risks for engagement. The Director of Digital Strategy will work closely with NCTA senior leadership to maintain a proactive, consistent and credible online presence.
Primary Job Duties/Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a digital/social/content strategy that support’s NCTA’s mission and is innovative, engaging and effective at reaching NCTAʼs target audiences.
- Oversee and contribute to the management and production of a variety of content for NCTAʼs digital and social media platforms. Be both a team leader and team contributor.
- Develop ideas for creative content (articles, infographics, videos, etc.) that can communicate complicated policy issues to a general audience.
- Research and write articles for NCTA’s website.
- Regularly evaluate NCTAʼs digital media strategy and tactics to ensure they align with the organization’s strategy and policy objectives.
- Build digital advertising plans to promote NCTA content via search, social media and other media.
- Create and maintain an editorial calendar.
- Manage timelines, budgets and resources in a timely and efficient manner.
- Utilize social listening and analytics tools to generate insights.
- Help create and oversee social media guidelines for the association to encourage responsible employee engagement where it makes sense.
- At least 5 – 7 years of experience managing digital content and social media platforms for campaigns, brands or businesses.
- Proven success developing and implementing tactical plans that build and nurture online stakeholders.
- Experience establishing metrics, developing insights and recommending strategies that achieve specific goals.
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills, as well as project management and organizational skills.
- Passion for and experience with managing social media presences and an interest in the latest trends.
- Creative thinker with ability to translate ideas into written and visual storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to develop messaging that best represents the organization’s voice and tone online.
- Very high attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills, comfortable working with, interpreting and presenting data, as well as the ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
- Bachelor’s degree in liberal arts or communications, marketing, advertising, public relations and/or related fields.
- Experience using Word Press, Drupal, HTML and other basic content management systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency in Google Analytics and other social media insights and analytic tools.
- Basic video and photo editing skills, including Final Cut, Adobe Premiere Pro and Photoshop.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
Only applicants who submit a cover letter and resume will be considered: https://www.ncta.com/careers
Job posted: 2019-03-24