Director of EH&S – Regulatory
Diversified Gas & Oil Corporation (DGOC) is an established owner and operator of producing conventional and unconventional natural gas & oil wells and midstream pipelines and compression stations concentrated in the Appalachian Basin in the United States. Headquartered in Birmingham, AL, our field operations are located throughout the Appalachian Basin in the states of Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, and Pennsylvania. DGOG is the largest conventional producer in the Appalachian Basin and employs over 900 team members. DGOC’s parent company is Diversified Gas & Oil Plc, which is a public company listed on the London Stock Exchange and trades under the ticker “DGOC”.
POSITION SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Director of EH&S – Regulatory collaborates implementation of company-wide environmental, health and safety (EHS) policies and programs. This position will build and manage the EHS Regulatory functional team, providing company-wide professional services in support of DGOC’s philosophy, policies, and practices. The Director of EH&S – Regulatory will facilitate the development of company-wide protocols and programs as well as execution into desired actions and behaviors across DGOC’s operations as well as leading company-wide efforts through influence, credibility, and teamwork. This position will report to the Vice President of Environmental, Health and Safety.
Special focus will be placed on:
- Understand the business and lead with an enterprise view, always asking what the impact will be to operations.
- Respond to agency concerns in a positive and proactive way, developing options for addressing issues and collaborating with operations to address concerns, and implement.
- Develop programs and procedures that are efficient and supported by operations
- Coordinate and collaborate with senior leaders to create and inspire a strong, positive EHS and Regulatory culture that is focused on continuous improvement across the organization.
- Manage and develop EHS staff by providing clear priorities, challenging assignments, achievable and motivational development plans, and an ongoing actionable and candid feedback and accountability to help employees achieve career goals
- Proactively engage management teams at all levels of the business units to ensure ownership and accountability.
- Integrate new assets within DGOC’s established programs. Works to update agency records, registrations, and associated changes in an efficient manner fully compliant with all regulatory requirements.
- Own DGOC’s consent order compliance and reporting with applicable state agencies. Working with operations, report status and progress of program monthly.
- Strategically lead regulatory compliance efforts with a view toward continuous improvement, and proactively develop solutions that are systematically implemented to full completion.
- Drive a forward-looking approach to regulatory and environmental requirements, monitoring for changes and potential impacts to the organization and developing actions to adapt and effect changes.
- Support DGOC’s government affairs efforts at local, state, and federal levels.
- Support DGOC’s sustainability and ESG efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental, Engineering, Sciences or degrees related to energy and oil and gas preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years of experience in a managerial role
- Strong working knowledge of PA (emphasis) and other Appalachia oil and gas regulatory laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of other state oil and gas regulatory programs, especially Appalachian states is beneficial.
- Knowledge of other state and Federal Lands (BLM) regulatory requirements is desired.
- Knowledge of ESG / Sustainability Issues
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders.
- Highly self-motivated, with strong leadership, communication, troubleshooting, and a creative approach to new ideas and problem solving.
- Able to think strategically, using imagination and foresight to conceptualize potential problems and the skills to avoid these problems
DGOC offers a competitive compensation plan and a comprehensive benefits program. The benefits program includes healthcare, dental, vision, short-term and long-term disability, 401(k), life insurance, Flexible Spending Account Plan, and paid time off.
Diversified Gas & Oil Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applications for all positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability or any other group protected by Federal or State law or ordinance. People with disabilities who may need accommodation to apply and compete for a position with Diversified Gas & Oil Corporation may request such accommodation(s) by contacting Human Resources
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-22