Director, Employee Communications
The Employee Communications Director will be responsible for strategy and execution of key employee communications efforts including total rewards, performance management, issues management and lean communications. This role is part of the GE Corporate Communications and Marketing Team and will need to connect to the Corporate Human Resources Team. This person leads and develops cross-business partnerships to maintain and execute these key employee communications priorities.
The ideal candidate will have experience in employer communications, media relations, leading and influencing teams, ability to build and manage relationships, balancing day-to-day execution with long-term strategy creation, and operational rigor.
- Total Rewards: Serve as a strategic partner for Global Total Rewards communications including executive compensation. Additionally, lead executive communications for the VP, Total Rewards at GE.
- Performance Management: Develop and execute the ongoing communications strategy and content to support the new People Performance and Growth process when launched in 2021.
- Issues Management: Lead employee focused issues management.
- Lean: Provide strategic guidance and advice for corporate lean communications, including providing a connected communications view combining the Kaizen Promotion Office (KPO), learning and development programs and overall communications efforts. In this role you work closely with the leader of corporate communications who continues to lead KPO communications.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related fields
- This is a senior-level role that requires connection and influence across multiple businesses. The right candidate should have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience leading, partnering and influencing teams as well as experience leading communications on a global scale.
- Strong oral, written, and digital communication skills
- Design capabilities a plus
- Strong relationship building and leadership skills
- Strong project management skills to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to execute day-to-day needs while developing a long-term strategy
At GE, developing people is embedded in our culture and integral to our growth. Developing people is how we have succeeded across industries and around the world. It’s how we’ve sustained a 130-year record of innovation and reputation for leadership. It’s how we solve the toughest challenges for our customers and society. Developing people allows us the build, power, move and cure. It prepares us all for the future. Today, that is as important as ever. Globalization and technology are converging with unprecedented speed to reshape every job, workplace and industry. Our commitment to developing people starts with a belief that education systems must align early and always with the changing requirements of the new economy. It continues
with the understanding that employers and educational institutions must collaborate over skills development, enabling people to learn new, relevant skills and work smarter over the entire course of a career. And it creates global leaders, people who can navigate the complexity of our times with clarity, courage and integrity. Developing people is commitment that doesn’t just make us better; it makes everyone better. Let GE invest in helping you grow both personally and professionally.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-10-06