director, enterprise communications – Public Affairs
director, enterprise communications
Partner Communications | Public Affairs
Are you an innovative communications professional with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about an organization’s brand and reputation? Are you equally skilled in developing and executing superior internal communications? Do you thrive in fast-paced, highly visible environments? If so, let’s talk!
At Starbucks, we believe in balancing profit with purpose and the pursuit of doing well by doing good. With more than 330,000 partners (employees) around the world, we’re on a mission to nurture and inspire the human spirit – one person, one cup and one neighborhood at a time. We have high aspirations for the future and securing the best and the brightest for our stores and support centers is a critical element to achieving our goals.
How You’ll Make an Impact
As a director, you’ll partner with your Public Affairs colleagues, executives, and key stakeholders across the company to design and implement strategic internal communication programs that:
- Create clarity, confidence and connection to our strategy;
- Build our reputation and brand; and
- Play a key role in partner advocacy and culture through listening, transparency, empathy and action.
How that Comes to Life
- Empowering and encouraging the Partner Enterprise Communications team to conceive, build and effectively execute communications plans and change management initiatives that have enterprise impact.
- Crafting narratives to articulate business strategies and curate editorial news flow and content across channels.
- Forming strong, collaborative relationships with key leaders and decentralized communication leads across the company to provide strategic counsel and develop and implement communications strategies that support enterprise-wide priorities.
- Applying digital acumen and forward thinking to get ahead of trends, leverage analytics to shape communications and identify new, innovative approaches to engage and stay relevant with partners.
- Embodying Starbucks values and ensuring they’re reflected in all of our communications
What You’ll Need:
- A passion for servant leadership.
- Creative thinking with stellar written and verbal communication skills – particularly the ability to decode corporate speak and write clear and persuasive “human” content that engages a wide range of stakeholders. (Show us what you’re most proud of – submit various writing samples with your application.)
- A natural disposition to work with urgency and limited guidance from your supervisor.
- Proven ability to establish trusted relationships at the senior executive level.
- Desire to initiative in leading projects and presenting new perspectives.
- Critical thinking capabilities and ability to connect dots and leverage resources for the best outcome.
- A solid grasp of narrative, awareness of audiences, exceptional attention to detail, and are a forward-thinking team player who works collaboratively.
- Schedule flexibility and availability for critical after-hours assignments.
- Demonstrated people management experience.
Summary of Experience
- Corporate communications leadership, preferably at a multi-unit retailer and/or an agency (10+ years)
- Developing, leading and managing teams (5+ years)
- Demonstrated ability to apply general business knowledge and experience in a complex, fast-paced global environment
- Demonstrated ability to develop and lead execution of effective communication programs (internal and external) across the enterprise
- Effective budget and strong presentation skills
- Ability to interact effectively and confidently with senior management and all levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, agencies and partners across the organization
- Ability to work in a team and influence others
Starbucks and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Starbucks Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-05-24