Director, Enterprise Internal Communications
- Manage executive internal communications support for entire Enterprise Operating Committee (EOC).
- Develop and oversee leadership engagement meetings, programs and communications.
- Develop and oversee employee engagement meetings, programs and communications.
- Lead change and culture campaigns and communications
- Serve as primary communications lead for Walgreens corporate services functions, including HR, Legal, etc., as well as company transformation teams and initiatives.
- Oversee all Walgreens internal communications channels and systems.
- Leads the design, as well as the development and execution of complex communications strategies, plans and messaging that supports the Company’s programs and leaders.
- Provides strategic communications regarding initiatives that drive performance in the company and its critical functions.
- Designs, develops and deploys creative communication. Identifies target audience and develops communication that will engage and create interest with the audience, and deliver messages that will support and build the business and create goodwill with employees.
- Maintains a knowledge of company and external events or issues. Ensures that the company’s communication places the organization in the best possible position with key stakeholders.
- Collaborates in the development and implementation of an annual strategy and plan for the area of responsibility that is integrated with and supports key activities of the company and business objectives.
- Develops and implements communications strategies on complex, key business initiatives and events, including outlining objectives and strategies, creating appropriate messaging, managing timelines and project deadlines and managing contributions and expectations.
- Acts as a representative for Communications to effectively communicate company positions, corporate goals and objectives to all audiences. Identifies target audiences for messaging and designs communications that engages.
- Masters relevant industry and business unit information.
- Responsible for coaching, managing, mentoring and developing direct reports. Collaborates with leaders to identify engaging stories and messages pertaining to business objectives, employee profiles and company activities that present Walgreens as an employer of choice and a best-in-class employer.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation’s largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omnichannel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of experience developing, executing and integrating internal communications programs plans OR High School Diploma/GED and at least 9 years of experience developing, internal communications programs.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience providing counsel, influence and challenge to the thinking of business leaders.
- Experience writing and editing in AP style.
- Experience with project management (for example: planning, organizing, and managing resources to bring about the successful completion of specific project goals and objectives).
- Experience leading and completing multiple projects on deadline.
- Experience working with change management methodologies
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 10 years of experience developing, executing and integrating internal communications programs plans
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications and/or English.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-11-17