Director, Environmental Compliance & Strategy
Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
As a Director, Environmental Compliance & Strategy, you will be responsible for supporting Invenergy’s land-based and offshore portfolio.
- Develop and execute advocacy strategies, as well as tracking all federal regulatory and legislative activities, related to offshore wind permitting and environmental compliance to ensure alignment with Invenergy business and policy goals.
- Act as the key liaison between the ECS, Government Affairs and Offshore Wind departments in preparation for BOEM auctions, regulatory proceedings, and other related activities.
- Lead all trade association engagement on NEPA and BLM reform, both legislative and regulatory, as well as emerging issues in offshore permitting and environmental compliance. Support all other trade association engagement as needed.
- Develop and support execution of onshore and offshore project permitting strategies for projects (both generation and transmission) proposed on federal lands or with a federal nexus. Identify and communicate project needs, schedules, and issues across project support teams and to supervisory management. Work collaboratively and efficiently with internal teams and external parties (e.g., consultants) to execute project work on schedule, and develop strategies to address environmental-related issues.
- Develop relationships with and represent Invenergy before key federal decision makers. Maintain comprehensive knowledge of environmental policy, regulation and compliance that affect permitting and impacts on project siting and compliance.
- Participate in regional and national environmental forums on behalf of the Invenergy, assisting in shaping environmental regulations and renewable energy policy.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge of environmental policy, regulation and compliance that affect permitting and impacts on project siting and compliance.
- Participate in regional and national initiatives, symposia, conferences, and industry groups as needed to achieve company objectives.
- Experience and expertise interpreting federal and state environmental laws (ESA, NEPA, CWA), guidelines, and policies, and developing project strategies for compliance with the same.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with marine ecology, NEPA/Federal and state permitting, offshore wind, oil and gas, power generation and transmission, infrastructure, and/or renewable energy.
- Strong working knowledge of the federal government, including administrative rules.
- Must have ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of industry, government, and public contacts on policy and project-related matters
- Must be self-directed and detail oriented, with the ability and desire to work effectively in a team environment.
- Able to act and adapt to a fast-paced business environment with competing deadlines, and quickly learn and implement internal processes.
- Strong attention to detail, assuring documents and communications are concise and accurate.
- Advanced degree in biological science/natural resources/environmental policy or environmental law degree preferred.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy believes inclusion drives innovation
Diverse teams are better teams. The perspectives and experiences that people from different backgrounds bring to an organization drive better decisions and improved business results. Invenergy employees are inclusive and welcoming of all colleagues of all backgrounds, genders, races, sexual orientations, religions and abilities.
Job posted: 2021-11-15