Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG)
FuelCell Energy is a global leader in decarbonizing power and producing hydrogen through our proprietary fuel cell technology. Our mission is to enable a world powered by clean energy. As an innovator and manufacturer of fuel cell clean power platforms, FuelCell Energy has the only technology in the world capable of capturing carbon from an external source and producing power at the same time. In addition, we offer the only technology in the world capable of producing hydrogen, power and water simultaneously.
This Director role is responsible for defining FuelCell Energy’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) philosophy, strategy, priorities, reporting and engagement. This newly created role, reporting to the Chief Marketing and Sustainability Officer, draws together the various strands of our ESG work, liaising with stakeholders across the company as well as customers.
- Continue to shape the ESG strategy for the company and define the resources and decisions that are needed to ensure goals are met.
- Further integrate ESG goals into functional areas.
- Continuous monitoring of performance against corporate ESG goals. Regular benchmarking of ESG performance against peers, and against industry trends and best practices. Proactive identification of issues, risks, opportunities and trends that may impact the company from an ESG and corporate responsibility perspective.
Reporting, disclosure and controls:
- The role oversees all aspects of ESG data collection, reporting and disclosure against ESG frameworks including SASB, GRI and others
- Development, maintenance and execution of regular cadence of ESG reporting, both internal and external, including production of an annual ESG Report, and other reporting products as needed.
- Development, maintenance and execution of appropriate disclosure controls and procedures related to ESG; inclusion of key ESG disclosures in regulatory filings.
- Develop and maintain an ESG dashboard for functional leaders and the executive team.
- Convene internal ESG conversations to drive corporate ESG strategy; produce recommendations on action, policy or behavior change; work with internal stakeholders to enact these recommendations and develop a cohesive narrative around them.
- Contribute to evolution of DEI agenda, in consultation with HR.
- Manage vendor relationships as appropriate
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- 7 years of related experience that includes direct experience with ESG programs in a corporate environment, including working with reporting and ratings frameworks, is required
- Demonstrable knowledge of ESG frameworks, standards and trends is required
- Expertise in environmental analysis, data analysis, and business case development.
- Advanced skills in writing and report preparation are required
- 3+ years of related experience in the manufacturing sector is preferred
- 3+ years of Project Management experience is required
- 4-year Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience, is required
- Master’s or graduate degree in ESG, CSR or a related discipline is preferred
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-11-02