Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, ESG Communications
Marketing & Communications – Communications
Director, ESG Communications (Prudential Communications)
Prudential Communications works with partners and stakeholders inside and outside the enterprise to create advocacy for our company, asking meaningful questions, shaping dialogue about key issues, informing business decisions, building consequential relationships, and deepening connections. We work together across the Communications team to deliver outcomes that further Prudential’s purpose of making lives better by solving the financial challenges of our changing world, to accelerate Prudential’s transformation and growth, and to cultivate belief in the company’s future.
We’re committed to providing every member of our team with opportunities to learn and grow, while fostering closer integration, a truly inclusive workplace, and new ways of working that increase impact and productivity. We strive for excellence, simplicity, clarity, and impact in everything we do. We are looking for a dynamic, strategic communicator who will lead Prudential’s enterprise media relations, executive positioning and thought leadership efforts.
Reporting to the Vice President, Head of Issues Management, the successful candidate will devise and execute a cohesive and compelling cross-enterprise communications strategy for Prudential’s Environmental, Social and Governance initiatives, spanning internal as well as external communications needs. The Director will work closely with partners from across the enterprise, including the Office of Sustainability, Investor Relations, Inclusive Solutions and Prudential’s asset management business, PGIM. Among other responsibilities, the Director will contribute to the development of and lead communications support for the release of Prudential’s annual ESG report, develop communications plans for ESG-related announcements, seek opportunities to amplify Prudential’s ESG story with key external and internal stakeholders.
This is a unique opportunity to define and elevate the ESG communications strategy of a Fortune 500 insurance and asset management leader, with a deep commitment to sustainability across its global businesses and operations. The successful candidate will have a passion for and expertise in ESG communications and serve as a trusted advisor to the Office of Sustainability and other internal partners.
Professional Skills and Experience:
• 8-10 years communications experience, ideally with at least three years of sustainability-focused communications experience.
• Demonstrated success building and executive cross-enterprise corporate ESG campaigns and strategies.
• Experience creating compelling storylines, research, thought leadership and social media campaigns which amplify sustainability objectives to journalists, policymakers, ESG influencers and the general public.
• Recognized sustainability credentials and/or fluency in corporate disclosure requirements, including GRI.
• Established relationships across the ESG community, such as journalists, influencers, investors and other key thought leaders.
• Proven team leader who is able to inspire, motivate and engage team members.
• Ability to understand business priorities and translate those needs into strategic communications campaigns that leverage multiple channels to deliver impact.
• Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment, achieve results through partner teams, and leverage an “ecosystem” communications model.
• Exemplary collaboration skills and a growth mindset.
• Business Acumen: Applies knowledge of the larger organizational environment to work, manages resources efficiently, and considers the impact of decisions on other parts of the business.
• Outcomes Focus: Prioritizes projects that directly support the company’s business strategy and objectives and that represent opportunities for Communications to add clear value, and within those projects prioritizes the tasks most important for achieving project outcomes
• Creativity: Sees connections that others do not, successfully applies ideas drawn from seemingly unrelated contexts, and generates a wide array of useful solutions to solve problems.
• Persuasive Influence: Thoroughly resolves conflicts, negotiates win-win outcomes, and successfully gains buy-in even for complex projects. Strong executive presence, business savvy, and ability to influence senior leadership.
Hybrid work arrangement based out of Newark, NJ location
Our Culture: Prudential Financial, Inc. is focused on creating a fully inclusive culture, where all employees feel comfortable bringing their authentic selves to work. We don’t just accept difference—we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it. At Prudential, employees have a unique opportunity to build their career path by owning their development, their career and their future. We encourage employees to hone their skills and explore continued opportunities within Prudential.
Prudential Financial, Inc. of the United States is not affiliated with Prudential plc. which is headquartered in the United Kingdom.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company’s well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential’s businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, marital status, age, veteran status, domestic partner status , medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Prudential Insurance Company of America, Newark, NJ and its affiliates.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about doing business with Prudential.
PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES:
If you need an accommodation to complete the application process, which may include an assessment, please email email@example.com.
Please note that the above email is solely for individuals with disabilities requesting an accommodation. If you are experiencing a technical issue with your application or an assessment, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request assistance.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2022-08-03