Latest Public Affairs News & Articles
Director, Executive Communications
Responsible for leading the day-to-day development and execution of communications to support The Joint Commission’s President & CEO, as well as supporting the Enterprise’s overarching thought leadership platform. Drive and define the thought leadership platform for the President & CEO to amplify his voice within health care and tell The Joint Commission’s story globally.
- Serve as primary communications liaison for the CEO and lead the day-to-day development and execution of executive communications to support the CEO.
- Create and drive clearly defined CEO messages across all channels, reaching and engaging key stakeholders including business partners, customers, employees, local communities, media and other influencers, policy makers, and regulatory authorities.
- Manage end-to-end CEO-related messages including internal events and recognition programs, social media, speeches, thought leadership opportunities, video messages, and website content that align with the overall communications strategy.
- Create compelling CEO presentations and digital assets in partnership with the creative and design team.
- Oversee the creation and execution of a robust CEO content strategy for earned media opportunities and social media channels in partnership with traditional and social media teams,
- Work collaboratively with Enterprise-wide and business unit leadership and peers to identify high impact communications opportunities to enhance CEO image and reputation.
- 10+ years communications experience including:
- Experience developing senior leadership communications programs and platforms.
- Experience developing and writing CEO-level speeches/presentations and other support materials.
- Deep writing experience, ideally with an early foundation in a corporate or agency setting, and/or prior work as a reporter/journalist.
- Must be highly skilled in PowerPoint
- Must be experienced in preparing scripts for broadcast, and in writing for teleprompters
- Must exercise good judgement in understanding political sensitivities of particular audiences and tailoring general messages to specific circumstances
- Must be able to write and work quickly, be self-starting, and punctual in preparation of materials to support busy executive with complex travel schedule.
- Proven track record of success in health care message creation.
- Previous experience designing and implementing creative and impactful communications strategies for C-suite executives.
- Must have a proven track record of serving as a trusted communications advisor to senior leaders in a corporate or health care setting.
- Demonstrate ability to build strong relationships across complex, highly matrixed organizations and work collaboratively with people at all levels.
- Able to advise on essential communications topics, forums, and audiences to effectively convey strategic priorities.
- Possess command of a wide range of communications capabilities including writing and editing, multimedia, and creative design to lead a high-impact communications program.
- Deep experience with storytelling and message development and will be well-versed in leveraging traditional and social media channels.
- Proven experience partnering and influencing cross-functional teams of subject matter experts, video producers, and writers.
- Able to possess strong organizational and multitasking skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, and oversee several projects simultaneously
- Be able to serve to amplify the Enterprise’s corporate voice, culture, and strategic goals.
Job posted: 2023-09-01