Director, Executive Communications
Do you believe the way we interact with each other, with brands, with our elected leaders, with causes, has changed? Are you eager to give clients a new way to reach their audiences and achieve their business objectives? Are you a driven and engaged professional who derives energy and creativity from working in a close-knit team environment? Do you have the drive to manage and encourage your team, coupled with an ability to engender trust and confidence with your clients? Then you might be the right person to join our growing senior leadership team.
Bully Pulpit Interactive is seeking a Director. We’re looking for someone who truly understands and has a real passion for innovation and delivering solutions for our clients. In this role, you will work closely with clients to identify their needs or challenges and recommend targeted solutions. This person is a hands-on, strategic leader responsible for partnering with c-suite clients and cause campaigns to deliver solutions with a team of brilliant digital marketers.
Bully Pulpit Interactive is a digitally-based marketing and communications agency that builds believers for truly great candidates, causes and brands. From consumers, to voters, to the media, we communicate without barriers and measure what matters. BPI specializes in public affairs, corporate reputation and social impact. A growing firm with offices in Washington, DC, New York, Chicago and San Francisco, BPI works alongside our clients to bring integrated communications and advertising campaigns to companies and organizations – from strategy to message to media relations to marketing.
- Help lead strategic direction across a variety of clients.
- Act as a primary point of contact for clients; track and solve client issues.
- Strong political or advocacy acumen and background.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the industry and client business needs.
- Find meaningful opportunities for clients and lead the development of a campaign strategy and orchestrate its implementation.
- Act as a mentor and leader for those members who support your clients.
- Maintain strong active relationships with key client partners at executive management levels.
- Be poised in complex project environments, working with both long-range and short-term business objectives and management of multiple partners.
- Developing and delivering formal and informal presentations to clients as well as internal team members.
- Develop a variety of client deliverables from social content to strategy memorandums.
- Be part of a growing company and talented senior staff team.
- 6+ years in Advertising/Marketing/PR client services.
- 3+ years in communications, digital, online advertising (persuasion or direct response).
- Previous direct management experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in uncovering business needs and establishing relationships with senior level clients.
- Have deep understanding of the digital landscape, interactive strategy, design, production and project management as well as tactics to use social media.
- Ability to translate client’s goals and objectives into actionable & measurable digital marketing and advertising programs.
- Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter, etc.) and how they can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Flexibility to accommodate change and thrive amid ambiguity.
- Strong social, customer service, presentation and analytical skills.
- Strong self-discipline and time management skills.
- Proven ability to balance revenue, client happiness and operational responsibilities while meeting deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other MS Office tools.
- Report to a Managing Director and play a significant role guiding client and team work.
- The minimum salary expectation for this particular position is $100,000 and can increase depending upon relevant expertise and experience
- 100% company-paid healthcare, vision & dental for employees
- Matching 401k contributions up to 4%
- Generous vacation package
- Unlimited sick leave
- Generous holiday schedule
- 12 weeks of paid leave for new parents
- $50 monthly phone reimbursement
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Fully stocked kitchens and frequent catered lunches
EMPLOYEE STATUS: Full-Time
SALARY: Compensation will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Bully Pulpit Interactive provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants for employment regardless of gender identity, race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship status, matriculation, personal appearance, genetic information or other protected group status.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-07-25