Director Executive Communications – Internal Communications
BE PART OF BUILDING THE FUTURE.
Since our founding in 2009, Pure Storage has empowered innovators to build a better world with data. In less than eight years, Pure reached $1B in sales, faster than nearly every enterprise company in history, and our incredible growth continues to outpace the competition.
Our mission? Deliver a simple, evergreen data platform that enables everyone to turn data into intelligence and advantage. The secret sauce? More than 3,000 team members (and growing!) around the world who join forces to invent the next big thing. And then the next one.
The world is experiencing a revolution driven by next-generation technology like AI, machine learning, virtual reality, quantum computing, and self-driving cars—all of which require unprecedented amounts of data. This sets the stage for Pure’s technology to grow exponentially in the coming years.
We’ve only scratched the surface of our ambitions, and as we continue to gobble up market share, we’re blazing trails and setting records:
- For five straight years, Gartner has named Pure a leader in the Magic Quadrant for Solid-State Arrays.
- Our customer-first culture and unwavering commitment to innovation have earned us a Satmetrix Net Promoter Score in the top 1% of B2B companies globally.
- Pure puts a premium on the future, investing 26% of revenue into R&D.
If you, like us, say “bring it on” to exciting challenges that change the world, we have endless opportunities where you can make your mark.
SHOULD YOU ACCEPT THIS CHALLENGE…
Pure Storage is seeking an experienced Executive Communications Leader who will provide strategic internal communications partnership to our CEO, CFO and other key executives to drive Pure’s business goals, employee productivity and internal confidence in Pure’s business and leadership. In alignment with the company’s goals, Values, and external messaging, this leader will develop and deliver the entire executive communications process for internal audiences from strategic counsel, leadership coaching, communications strategy, messaging, and executive events. This person will partner closely with their Executive Communications counterpart on the External Communications team to deliver a seamless experience for executives and consistent messaging for all audiences.
This critical role requires a leadership mindset, professionalism, discretion, confidentiality, agility and the ability to effectively influence, partner and collaborate with key stakeholders and executives.
As part of our Employee Communications team within HR and in lockstep partnership with the External Communications team, this individual will strategize and implement internal communications programs to engage our global employee audiences through compelling authentic messaging, channels and events, that both drive business impact and positively position Pure as an industry leader.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL…
- Build and foster a strong partnership with our executives and internal and external communications teams, to achieve integrated communications goals and provide ongoing strategic counsel, coaching and feedback.
- Build a deep understanding of Pure’s business objectives in order to tie communications work directly to desired business outcomes.
- Effectively collaborate with stakeholders across functions to build partnerships of influence and to deliver a seamless experience for executives and aligned communications for all audiences
- Develop and deliver internal executive communications strategies with excellent writing, editing and coaching skills that enable C-level leaders to effectively inspire and engage employees.
- End-to-end ownership of key leadership engagement opportunities (Company Kick Off, global Company All Hands, Global Leadership Summit, strategic engagement events, virtual, etc.) where executives provide strategic direction, leadership perspective, and inspire confidence.
- Develop and expand internal vehicles for executive visibility globally, including all-employee meetings, written and video blogs, employee chats, etc.
- Measure and analyze results of communications plans and deliverables. Make recommendations and modifications to plans according to results and feedback.
- Demonstrate and role model Pure’s values and leadership attributes as part of the Employee Communications & Experience team, and as a leader within HR and Pure.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO BRING TO THIS ROLE…
- Demonstrated ability to partner with and influence executives and effectively collaborate with key stakeholders and partners to produce effective communications deliverables that meet or exceed goals within tight deadlines
- Agile, strong work style that can flex to different executive styles in a dynamic work environment and build effective relationships across the organization.
- Utmost adherence to confidentiality and business ethics; demonstrated outstanding judgment, discretion and ability to create calm and confidence in highly sensitive situations.
- The innate ability to rapidly absorb new subject matters across business, market and technical market specific domains
- Excellent writing, editing and speech/presentation development skills with marketing mindset as demonstrated by examples of previous work
- The ability to expertly manage programs from concept to completion flawlessly, working with internal teams and on occasion, agency teams
- Innate ability to anticipate opportunities, lead and manage complex executive communication projects with aggressive schedules and variable resources
- 5+ years of experience in corporate or technology communications, with at least 2 years focused on executive communications to internal audiences.
- Exceptional collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently under pressure, managing resources and several projects simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Strong business and technical background. Marketing experience is strongly preferred.
- Detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects with precision and systematic execution
- Some travel expected (10% – 20%)
BE YOU—CORPORATE CLONES NEED NOT APPLY.
Pure is where you ask big questions, think differently, and make an impact. This is not just a job, but a place where you have a voice and can accelerate your career. We value unique thoughts and celebrate individuality, and with ample opportunity to learn, develop yourself, and expand into different roles, joining Pure is an investment in your career journey.
Through our Pure Equality program, which supports a flourishing field of employee resource groups, we nourish the personal and professional lives of our team members. And our Pure Good Foundation gives back to local and global communities through volunteering and grants.
And because we understand the value of bringing your full and best self to work, we offer a variety of perks to manage a healthy balance, including flexible time off, wellness resources, and company-sponsored team events.
PURE IS COMMITTED TO EQUALITY.
Pure is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other characteristic legally protected by the laws of the jurisdiction in which you are being considered for hire. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at TA-Ops@purestorage.com.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-06-29