Director of Executive Communications, Modern Work & Security
Do you have a passion for storytelling and simplifying the complex? Do you want to create inspiring thought leadership content and develop communications strategies aligned to the strategic priorities of the Corporate Vice President (CVP)? If so, the Office of the Corporate Vice President, Modern Work & Security, has an opportunity for you.
As the Director of Executive Communications, you will play a critical role in maximizing the scale, impact, and voice of the CVP through internal and external communications including keynotes, all hands meetings, emails, blogs, social media, videos, and PR.
In this role, you will create executive communications and messaging that inspire and drive the overall business strategy through storytelling, while also nurturing an inclusive and diverse culture for our employees. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and self-directed and thrive in a fast-paced environment. You work well in a team and in ways that drive high quality results quickly and uphold the team’s philosophy to operate with the highest levels of integrity and trust. You demonstrate initiative, frame focus and priorities and pursue breakthrough thinking.
Structurally, you report into the Chief of Staff for the Corporate Vice President, Modern Work & Security. And you are also tightly connected with a wide range of stakeholders including Engineering, Product Marketing, HR, and our field teams and you will partner across these teams to form a cohesive and aligned communication strategy that helps the CVP land the right message at the right time.
- Create and execute the internal and external executive communications strategy, including developing the CVP’s customized thought leadership platform
- Design and implement the editorial strategy and calendar
- Develop executive communications materials, including scripting, messaging, and/or briefing for keynotes, presentations, media engagements, social media, and events.
- Ensure alignment to corporate employee communications focus areas and priorities
- Support internal CVP communications including All-Hands, SharePoint sites, org emails, etc.
- Manages external resources (e.g., graphic design, video production) in support of the above objectives.
- 10+ years of experience in executive communications and/or marketing communications
- 10+ years of internal and external communications experience
- 5+ years of experience in the technology industry, ideally in productivity, cybersecurity, or cloud computing
- PR, social media, and/or journalism experience considered an asset
- Experience working in a global sales organization considered an asset
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, exceptional storytelling and ability to clearly articulate complex issues
- Ability to deliver compelling narratives that inspire and drive clarity for employees, customers, and partners
- Ability to understand business trends, stay current on corporate strategy, and advise on communication opportunities
- Ability to collaborate effectively within a team and across organizational boundaries
- Ability to exercise high judgement and lead through ambiguity
- Strong executive presence and confidence, willing to take on big challenges, advocate a position, build a business case, and influence others; Interpersonal and conflict resolutions skills
- Strong attention to detail from big picture to tactical execution
- Ability to effectively manage a wide range of agendas and priorities that can often conflict
- BA/BS in Journalism, English, or Communications, or equivalent experience preferred
- LOCATION: Anywhere within a 3 hour timezone difference to Redmond, Washington
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-09-12