Director External Affairs (Albany, NY)
Position Specific Description
NextEra Energy Transmission New York (NEETNY) develops, operates, and manages transmission assets across New York. This position will report to the President of NEETNY and be the outward facing representative responsible for developing strong relationships with key constituencies and developing and maintaining a positive corporate image. The individual will be the principal point of contact for all community and public inquiries. He/she will coordinate with internal communications team, regulatory teams, and legislative teams to ensure consistency of corporate messaging. This role will develop working relationships with regulators, principally NY DPS staff, to build a positive NEETNY brand and foster collaborative interactions. This role will develop and maintain all communication materials – flyers, videos, website – to educate and promote NEETNY in support of the company objectives. Finally, this position will support the NEETNY growth objectives by providing input and support to project development activities.
This position is based in Albany, NY.
Leaders in this role provide large scale leadership across multiple disciplines of the business to ensure the company has strong working relationships within the communities in which it serves. Individuals develop and maintain trusting relationships with community leaders, communities and government through the leaders to ensure successful achievement of company objectives.
- Develops, implements and executes strategies to support the company and community
- Meets local community needs within the assigned locations
- Leads a team that is imbedded in the communities and leads their overall strategic outlook
- Works closely with other business unit leaders to ensure strong and consistent messaging
- Runs campaigns within the territory and builds relationships with elected officials and business leaders
- Makes large (scope and financial impact) decisions for the company
- Leads a team that limits the overall liability of the organization
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience: 12+ years
- Supervisor/Management Experience: 6+ years
- Master’s Degree
Learn more here
Job posted: 2020-08-27