Director of External Relations
CoSN is seeking a Director of External Relations. This is a full-time exempt position reporting directly to the CEO.
This position is responsible for overseeing CoSN partnerships, including raising sponsorship funding from corporate sources, as well as engaging other strategic partners to achieve our strategic vision. This position requires strong collaboration with all staff directors and outside consultants to ensure a successful sponsorship program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, implement and carry out a comprehensive and compelling sponsorship program and monitor its contribution to the financial stability of the organization.
- Establish and sustain external partnerships and alliances in ways that grow the association, provides value-added services for members, and aligns to our goals.
- Lead the effort to create and manage a robust and sustaining pipeline for relationships with new and emerging technology companies.
- Effectively track and report on sponsor status using a lead tracking database system, ensure the CoSN team has transparency around contacts and relationships, and ensure ongoing continuity of key partnerships.
- Create and share sponsor agreements with appropriate CoSN team members to ensure complete delivery of sponsor benefits and a worthwhile experience for sponsors.
- Work with the External Relations Coordinator to ensure fulfillment of promised benefits to sponsors and partners.
- Develop holistic sponsorship plans that are appealing to our corporate partners and align to the CoSN Strategic Plan.
- Report to and work closely with the CEO to ensure success of the sponsorship and partnership program.
Essential skills required
- Demonstrated success in cultivating partnerships with corporations with expertise in the education and technology sectors.
- Well-developed presentation, communication and persuasion skills.
- Proven track record of accomplishment in a nonprofit setting demonstrating measurable ability to raise sponsorship funds.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines professionally and adeptly prioritize.
- Ability to manage complex relationships with excellent interpersonal skills.
- An entrepreneurial and creatively nimble work style that includes taking initiative, working independently, adeptly negotiating and a rigorous work ethic.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree is required, a Master’s Degree is preferred
- 7-10 years senior nonprofit management experience.
- Demonstrated experience in working with corporations to secure funding for association objectives, preferably in the education and/or technology sectors.
- Demonstrated supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with stakeholders, volunteers and staff.
- Periodic travel may be required.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
CoSN provides a competitive salary aligned to compensation for similar positions within the DC Metro area non-profit community.
CoSN offers a competitive salary and benefits package. CoSN is located one block from Metro Center in a building with modern amenities including free access to a gym and free specialty coffee. CoSN is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send a cover letter, specifically addressing the bullet points under Primary Responsibilities outlining your experience as it directly relates to this position. Please include a resume with work, salary history and salary expectations. This position is located in Washington DC.Emails only to HR. No calls please.
CoSN is an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Job posted: 2020-11-21