Director-Fed Government Affrs
The Director, Federal Government Affairs will report to the VP, Federal Government Affairs and enable Windstream’s legal and government affairs efforts at the federal level. The candidate will utilize a broad range of legal and advocacy skills to develop and maintain relationships with government partners, track business-critical issues, and drive policy solutions that benefit our business. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated self-starter, with strong writing, speaking, and presentation skills. Expertise in telecommunications and/or technology law and policy issues (cybersecurity, privacy, competition, net neutrality, robocalls, broadband deployment, etc.) will be highly valued. JD required.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the telecommunications industry, including an awareness of opportunities and risks facing Windstream and the sector as a whole.
- Track regulatory proceedings and legislation that impact our business, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Assist VP, Federal Government Affairs in strategically analyzing regulatory and legal developments and establishing advocacy plans.
- As necessary, draft comments and lead advocacy, including in-person communications and third-party efforts.
- Work with industry partners (other companies, trade, and outside counsel) to deliver Windstream legal/policy objectives.
- Develop strong internal relationships with business partners, regularly assessing their needs and communicating major regulatory and policy developments.
- Work closely with compliance team to develop work plans to implement FCC rulings and major legislation.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- JD required.
- Telecommunications/technology policy and/or legal experience highly preferred..
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong leadership presence and ability to communicate with leaders in government and business.
- Ability to work independently, master complex workflows, and manage upwards as necessary.
- Strong advocacy and influencing skills, and a desire to build long-term professional relationships that benefit Windstream.
- Demonstrated, effective analytical and research skills.
EEO Statement: Windstream is an equal opportunity employer. At Windstream, we celebrate the authenticity and uniqueness of our people and their ideas. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability and veteran status. The diverse voices of our employees fuel our innovation and our inclusive culture. Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing.
Job posted: 2020-10-22