Director, Federal Affairs
Leading the future of luxury mobility
Lucid’s mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. Working at Lucid Motors means having a shared vision to power the future in revolutionary ways. Be part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive industry.
- Act as the main point of contact for Members of Congress and Capitol Hill staff
- Develop policy materials, reports and products (internal- and external-facing)
- Work with Head of Public Policy to develop and execute federal legislative and regulatory strategy (political-level), including on issues such as tax policy, trade, climate, safety, automated driving, etc. benefitting Lucid’s business in the US
- Manage a team of federal affairs personnel
- Collaborate with teams and stakeholders across the business, including Legal, Sales, Service, Marketing
- Develop deep relationships with senior staff on Capitol Hill as well as influential NGOs and business groups in the space
- Lead Lucid engagement in relevant association committees at the federal level
- Work in coalitions within the sustainable transportation and energy communities to increase momentum behind policy and legislative proposals that are conducive to Lucid’s business and the adoption of EVs
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in public policy, government affairs, and other advocacy roles
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks, policies, and laws relevant to Lucid’s business, including electric vehicles, EV charging infrastructure, energy storage systems, international issues, data privacy, automotive safety, traditional infrastructure, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively relay complex information in a concise format
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, efficiently, prioritize workflow and meet demanding deadlines
Be part of something amazing
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity – we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-08-22