Director, Federal Affairs
Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
Notice regarding COVID-19 vaccination requirement as a condition of gainful employment within the United States
At Lucid, we prioritize the health and wellbeing of our employees, families, and friends above all else. In response to the novel Coronavirus, and the increased transmissibility with recent variants, all new Lucid employees, whose job will be based in the United States, must provide original documentation confirming status as having received the prescribed inoculation (doses) based on the manufacturer’s guidelines on their first day of employment.
Accommodations due to medical or religious exemptions will be considered. To submit for your medical or religious exemption, please complete our secure form here. Once reviewed, a member of our employee relations team will reach out to you with a determination.
- Act as the main point of contact for Members of Congress and Capitol Hill staff
- Develop policy materials, reports and products (internal- and external-facing)
- Work with Head of Public Policy to develop and execute federal legislative and regulatory strategy (political-level), including on issues such as tax policy, trade, climate, safety, automated driving, etc. benefitting Lucid’s business in the US
- Manage a team of federal affairs personnel
- Collaborate with teams and stakeholders across the business, including Legal, Sales, Service, Marketing
- Develop deep relationships with senior staff on Capitol Hill as well as influential NGOs and business groups in the space
- Lead Lucid engagement in relevant association committees at the federal level
- Work in coalitions within the sustainable transportation and energy communities to increase momentum behind policy and legislative proposals that are conducive to Lucid’s business and the adoption of EVs
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in public policy, government affairs, and other advocacy roles
- Familiarity with relevant legislative and regulatory frameworks, policies, and laws relevant to Lucid’s business, including electric vehicles, EV charging infrastructure, energy storage systems, international issues, data privacy, automotive safety, traditional infrastructure, etc.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), including the ability to effectively relay complex information in a concise format
- Demonstrated ability to work proactively, efficiently, prioritize workflow and meet demanding deadlines
Learn more here
Job posted: 2021-10-04